Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator wearing a Cape
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

An excerpt:
The folks on the board have been very supportive of my writing, so time for me to "water the trees"

I'm sponsoring a short story contest - right here!

The rules, because there are always some rules...

• No entry fee, and all rights in the story remain the property of the author subject to the Board's TOS. . All types of fiction, fantasy or even fairy tales are welcome.
  • By submitting to the Contest, the entrant agrees to abide by all Contest rules.
  • Your single entry must be original works by the entrant, in English. Plagiarism, which includes the use of third-party poetry, song lyrics, characters or another person’s 'universe', without permission or attribution, will result in disqualification. Excessive violence or sex, solely determined by the judge, will result in disqualification.
  • Your entry may have been previously published on line BUT NOT in professional media. Let us know where/when this was posted if not on this board.
  • To be eligible, your entry must be works of prose, 500 words minimum in length. We cannot consider poetry, however, works intended for children are acceptable..
  • The Contest is open all Board members.
    Not a member? Join! No cost to you and it's easy.
  • Contest ends EOM May, 2021. .
  • There are two cash prizes - for the two 'winners' -
    both are an Amazon Gift card worth $25.
  • All entries are final. No revisions are accepted - sorry, bring your "A" game up front..
  • Entries will be judged solely on the number of "likes" received - this is as transparent as we can make it.
  • Board language rules apply! ( see above). Badge Bunny has agreed to mediate this contest. Her decisions are final!
  • If you have questions - ASK! We will share both the question and answer.
This thread for entries only. Please, no comments.

Looking forward to story time!
This thread is locked please use this link: Short story contest! Here!

Thanks
Mod Team

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.