Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Editor, Ready Magazine
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my first chance to shoot the 100 ATR today. If anyone is considering one of these they should stop and go get one.

This Mossberg is another pawn shop treasure that I found last month and put on layaway. It came equipped with the Caldwell bi-pod and the Scope Chief 4x-12x 42mm scope. It is chambered in .308 Win.

My wife also has a new gun, a Marlin 336 .30-30 that she shot for the first time today. We were out on a friend’s property where we could shoot safely, but only at short range.

We only fired 20 rounds each, so more in depth reports will have to wait, but this rifle performed like a champ. The action is smooth and the stock feels right on the shoulder. At the range we were shooting, only about 25 yds, I was grouping well under an inch so I expect good things when I get back into the swing of things and get out to a real 100 yards range. Expect to hear more latter.

I am very happy so far.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I got my son the youth model ATR in .243 and was very pleased with it.It is just the right size for his 10 year old frame. After sighting in the scope I shot a few shots from about 50 yards and they grouped between 1 and 2 inches.My son then shot a few from various shooting positions and these grouped between 3 and 4 inches. I figure this is pretty good considering it was the first time he had shot the rifle.

·
A Free Man
416 Posts
Welcome to the ATR club. (lol)
I have been consistently preaching the merits of the ATR ever since I joined. I have two of them, both in .30-06, and I love them.I have approx 300 rds through on of them and 200 through the other. They have performed flawlessly so far and I dont expect that to change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts