Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
I like your experiment, but I do want to point out that there is a big difference between shoot a gun wet (running from a bear) and shooting submerged underwater. Also, if there was air trapped inside the firearm, such as a firing before the gun was filled up completely with water, you might have encountered the damage you were fearing. Having it completely void of air kept your firearm from being damaged.

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
ya shooting through the water you have abotu 3 feet of lethality shootng with a gun thats soping wet well itl dry off and all the bullets will shoot just like it was dry

gotta love cased cartridges as its all waterproof and self contained

·
Political Watchdog
268 Posts
Cool! A new method of fishing!!! Serious...nice job filming and deconstructing the video! I'm glad the gun lived. A firearm is a terrible thing to waste :) I wish you would have used some ballistics gel (I know it costs a pile of cash) to observe fragmentation, bullet travel, etc. in water.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I like your experiment, but I do want to point out that there is a big difference between shoot a gun wet (running from a bear) and shooting submerged underwater. Also, if there was air trapped inside the firearm, such as a firing before the gun was filled up completely with water, you might have encountered the damage you were fearing. Having it completely void of air kept your firearm from being damaged.
did you watch the video?

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
did you watch the video?
Sure I did. In fact the bagel made me hungry :D:

I was just referring to the OP
You just ran into the river away from the bear trying to eat you. Gun is wet. Obviously you pull the trigger, but does it blow up?
I guess I was expecting something to fit that scenario more. Other than that I thought it was a greatly filmed video.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts