Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cartels seem to be having more of an influence on US authorities.

not long ago, the mayor and chief of police of a New Mexico town were arrested for cartel gunrunning.

And here is how bad its gotten with Mexican police. Federales and Nueva Leon police almost shoot it out as the feds arrest a number of local cops.

·
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
I wish there were like sheriff Joe:
Arpaio was born in Springfield, Massachusetts to Italian-American[16] parents. Arpaio's mother died while giving birth to him, and Arpaio was raised by his father, a grocery store owner. Arpaio completed high school and worked in his father's business until age 18 when he enlisted in the United States Army.[17] Arpaio served in the Army from 1950 to 1954 in the Medical Detachment Division and was stationed in France for part of the time as a military policeman.[18]

Following his discharge in 1954, Arpaio moved to Washington, D.C. and became a police officer, moving in 1957 to Las Vegas, Nevada. He served as a police officer in Las Vegas for six months before being appointed as a special agent with the Federal Bureau of Narcotics, which later became part of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).[19] During his 25-year tenure with the DEA, he was stationed in Argentina, Turkey and Mexico, and advanced through the ranks to the position of head of the DEA's Arizona branch.[20]

In 1992, Arpaio successfully campaigned for the office of Maricopa County Sheriff. The voters of Maricopa County re-elected him in 1996, 2000, 2004, and 2008.[21]

Arpaio married his wife, Ava, in 1958. Together they have two children and four grandchildren.[22] They currently reside in Fountain Hills, Arizona.[23]

·
Lonesome Road
1,015 Posts
This is way out of control. If they declared Marshall Law along the border, couldn't we legally use our military to defend it?

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
We should all send Joe an at-a-boy and happy Birthday email on the 14th:D:

DOB:June 14, 1932 (age 78)

We all should hope to be so alert and fighting the good fight at that age.:thumb:

·
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mexican drug link probed in ambush murder of Texas lawman

The death of a Bexar County sheriff's sergeant who died in a hail of gunfire as he sat in his patrol car is being investigated for a possible connection to Mexico's drug cartels, county officials said on Tuesday.

Sergeant Kenneth Vann was "targeted because he represented the government," Sheriff Amadeo Ortiz told Reuters.

Vann, 48, was in uniform, sitting in his marked patrol car at a corner on San Antonio's southeast side early Saturday when a small white car pulled up beside him, and somebody in the car fired an estimated 28 shots from an automatic weapon, possibly an AK-47 rifle, Ortiz said. No suspects are in custody.
http://www.reuters.com/

·
Vitesse et Puissance
16,211 Posts
This is way out of control. If they declared Marshall Law along the border, couldn't we legally use our military to defend it?
And the Land Owners!!!

·
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Border Patrol nabs a fake BP truck filled with drugs

The drug cartels are stepping up their smuggling tactics by customizing vehicles to look just like Border Patrol trucks as a way to smuggle illicit drugs into America. This time the cloned vehicle was detected in Texas and it was loaded with more than 1,500 pounds of marijuana.

Just a few weeks ago a white van with a dozen illegals were arrested at a San Diego Border Patrol checkpoint for falsely impersonating U.S. Marines and using a boosted van with tampered license plates.

It was Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) that observed a suspicious BP truck “conducting surveillance at the Del Rio, Texas Port of Entry (PoE),” according to court papers.

The driver of the “fake BP truck” was Felipe Esparza-Cruz, 28, and he is scheduled to appear in court on April 14.

The government case contends that Esparza-Cruz entered the “United States without inspection through the City of Del Rio southbound tollbooth lanes.”

http://www.examiner.com/county-poli...ugs?CID=examiner_alerts_article#ixzz1O2x0Y6yY

This case reminds me of a case a law enforcement friend of mine emailed me some pics about about 2 years ago. The cartel had made up a fake TXDOT truck and stuffed it with 600lbs of coke.

·
Vitesse et Puissance
16,211 Posts
The drug cartels are stepping up their smuggling tactics by customizing vehicles to look just like Border Patrol trucks as a way to smuggle illicit drugs into America. This time the cloned vehicle was detected in Texas and it was loaded with more than 1,500 pounds of marijuana.

Just a few weeks ago a white van with a dozen illegals were arrested at a San Diego Border Patrol checkpoint for falsely impersonating U.S. Marines and using a boosted van with tampered license plates.

It was Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) that observed a suspicious BP truck “conducting surveillance at the Del Rio, Texas Port of Entry (PoE),” according to court papers.

The driver of the “fake BP truck” was Felipe Esparza-Cruz, 28, and he is scheduled to appear in court on April 14.

The government case contends that Esparza-Cruz entered the “United States without inspection through the City of Del Rio southbound tollbooth lanes.”

http://www.examiner.com/county-poli...ugs?CID=examiner_alerts_article#ixzz1O2x0Y6yY

This case reminds me of a case a law enforcement friend of mine emailed me some pics about about 2 years ago. The cartel had made up a fake TXDOT truck and stuffed it with 600lbs of coke.

How much got through before they got caught????

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
From the bio above, it looks like Joe has lived his life on the back of the taxpayers.
Looks to me he has dedicated his life to helping keep America Safe from the age of 18. Whats been your donation ? The price of freedom you enjoy ain't free.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
DAMNED well spoken, Critter
Compared to what he has done (Sheriff Joe) I feel like I am just getting started in paying my debt to America. This should be an interesting and enjoyable two weeks coming up for me. We have a number of reservist from his county to train and work with.

Reactions: Dwind

·
Registered
395 Posts
Looks to me he has dedicated his life to helping keep America Safe from the age of 18. Whats been your donation ? The price of freedom you enjoy ain't free.
Working 25 years for the DEA is hardly keeping America safe. He was part of the problem working for that outfit.

As for my donation, Honorable Discharged Marine here. Are you currently sucking on the taxpayers teet?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts