Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I deal in lead
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me out guys and gals... need the shelf life of lentils,powdered milk,powdered chocolate(cocoa),crisco(in bar form)and pasta... all will be mylared with 02's and buckets. Thanx folks

·
Registered
372 Posts
Lentils using a mylar bag with o2 in the bucket will last 30 years. Powdered milk mylar in the bucket same thing. Cocoa I would say also a good long time but not quite sure. We bought crisco in the #10 can and I think we can get about 5 years on that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you're talking about unsweetened cocoa powder, with O2 and Mylar, it'll keep at least 10 years. The cocoa powder is really just ground up cocoa beans with all the fat removed.

If you're talking about hot chocolate type cocoa, then I'd guess you'd probably get 5-10 years as well (at least as long as the powdered milk).

·
I deal in lead
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that stilltasty gives conflicting results. Says beans(dried) only last a year as well as lentils. I know for a fact thats wrong

·
Registered
62 Posts
I made soup last month with a 1lb bag of lentils that expired in2006. No special storage, just sitting in the back of the pantry. They were fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts