Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an antelop hunter recently from Kershaw. It came with a crappy sheath.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

I looked through all the other threads, and could not find anything.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the Antelope Hunter too. My limited surgery to the sheath did not help. I ordered a # 11 leather sheath from www.texasknife.com, the #11 (1 x Sheath-Finished-Leather #11 (SHE11) = $15.95) is a little too large but I plan on re-cutting, re-sewing and water forming it anyway. If you don't want to resew the sheath you might try the number 16 which is only 5" deep and will leave about 1/2 of the handle exposed.

I also ordered Kydex parts to give this type sheath a try.
2 x Kydex .060" (KYDEX1) = $13.00
1 x Black Eyelet Kit (EYELETKIT) = $23.95
1 x Kydex Foam (KYDFO) = $11.95

·
Registered
40 Posts
Or you could build a custom sheath.

This is my first attempt at making a knife sheath. It is for the Kershaw Antelope Hunter. It is a good knife, but comes with a crappy sheath.

Photo 1, Made a pattern with cardboard and traced it to the leather.
Photo 2, Glued the welt in place and let dry.
Photo 3, Glued and stitched the belt loop, folded forward so only finished leather shows.
Photo 4, Glue the sheath and drilled for stitching.
Photo 5, Double Stitched and wet formed.

Now if the black leather dye covers all the sloppy glue spots it won't look too bad. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
I just got an antelop hunter recently from Kershaw. It came with a crappy sheath.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

I looked through all the other threads, and could not find anything.
You didn't check very well as there are three posts for sheaths this past month...check in
American, Canadian or European made knives for a list of sheath makers.........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts