Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For what ever reason I have always planned my meal plans around the number of people and how many meals I can get for the lowest cost. I have somewhere around 25 different meals (not including breakfast) that I have large quantities of that don't include breaking into my canned meats.

Here's one I did this past weekend. I took 4 cups of white rice, (1) 15 oz can of cream of mushroom soup (.39 cents) and some green beans from the garden this past summer.

I put it all together in a number #12 dutch oven and myself and son a 2 of his 6 foot tall 190lb friends couldn't finish it all. All cooking was done outside in our fire pit.

Total cost: .50 cents give or take a few pennies

Please share some of your cheaper than dirt SHTF meal ideas...thanks

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Boiled Rice, Beans And Whole Or Split Dry Peas

Cornbread if you have it. Boil the beans and rice (long brown type) together for about 60 minutes...then toss in some dry peas and boil for another 30 minutes or until the peas or tender cooked thru but not cooked to death and mushy. HB of CJ (old coot) :)

This will also work with white rice and most any sort of dry bean. Spices if you have them.

·
Left the building
9,363 Posts
Plain ole pinto beans and cornbread. Boil beans after soaking a couple of hours. Throw some salt pork or bacon in there with some garlic, salt and pepper. Might add some flour tortillas on the side for the pot lick. Probably around 4 dollars and feeds 4 to 6 people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts