Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i had a gut feeling about a year and a half ago. this feeling i had was that something bad was gonna happen survival related some kind of Scenario.

So all the members of my group have known my gut feelings are very good to listen to. so all of the group made it here at 8am save for 2 members who made it here at 10am. and we got all set up and started are duties that are handed out upon arrival. even thought nothing happened today other than 2 duece and a half transport trucks came into town with nothing in them just a driver and passanger each the trucks were forest camo. this never happens in this town. these trucks were kept under the eyes of our look out team.
well after being in town for a whole 2 hours they left. just coincidence i think. the rest of the day was keep eyes open and everyone practice everything your supposed to do. as if there were no power save for the look out team. so i was wrong in my gut feeling and am very happy about that. the group was every happy about it aswell and how smoothly eveything went form seamless deligation of authority to the older children of the younger children. feeding went well without the use of power "deep freeze and secondary fridge need to be replinished". what has others done as practice runs/ belived things going to happen on a certain date?

·
Bleach blonde on fire :p
6,173 Posts
Although it's not for a specific day/date- we go camping in the woods, we only take what we can cary on our back in our arms. We do not prepare ahead of time, hubbers might get home and say we have 5 minutes to go, we grab then head out the door. It has helped us by preparing us for doing without whatever we forget. Try forgetting TP in a wooded area with no leaves in sight, yuck! We now each have TP in our packs-lesson learned. We hike the pipe line for a couple of miles to reduce the temtation to run back into the house if we forget something. I would rather something go wrong on the camping trips then in the real SHTF scenerio.

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes in a bug out the whole group has 1 roll of tp per person as well but this was a bug in cause thats what will be doing lest we have to go to plans B , C or D

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
mgd only, follow your instincts. that is what the survivors of the twin towers did. They got out when they still could. I had dinner tonight with two guys from EPA and Homeland Security. They are both good guys and both survivalists. Needless to say they don't talk about this to many people. I will not ever give out their names. There are a lot of people from their areas that are concerned about what is going on here and in the world.

I am out of state tonight and we all three are at the same meeting tomorrow. They reflect what you said. they follow their gut instincts when it comes now. Take care of yourself and your family.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
mgd only, follow your instincts. that is what the survivors of the twin towers did. They got out when they still could. I had dinner tonight with two guys from EPA and Homeland Security. They are both good guys and both survivalists. Needless to say they don't talk about this to many people. I will not ever give out their names. There are a lot of people from their areas that are concerned about what is going on here and in the world.

I am out of state tonight and we all three are at the same meeting tomorrow. They reflect what you said. they follow their gut instincts when it comes now. Take care of yourself and your family.
My gut instincts say things are getting bad at a quickening pace.

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats the dam truth darsemnos. i'm just worried about winter when i don't have my garden going and my bigger aquaponics system only at 85% complete. if sh!t hits the fan then that would be the worst time to hit me. but the mid-spring i should be fine food wise.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well I'm not really relaxed yet after this wife has been saying something bad is going to happen last time she said that 9-11 the time before that Oklahoma city bombing. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to fall. :)

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
I had the feeling before 9-11. Mgd good to here from you that your ok! I stick to my gut. I will not not listen to it.

Im thinking that your feeling is right the date is wrong. So stay ready.

I ment to ask you went you first stated this. Is it a feeling of globale,national,or locale. Or can you not decern it. YET.

Again glad to hear it dident happen.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I dont really think there is much to it, as far as gut feelings something is going to go wrong. Unless its very specific to you personally there will always be bad things happening, just a matter of time to wait it out.

Be it natural disasters, illness, economy, war, they are all inevitable. Predictions arent very usefull without details and a plan of action. If only we could see into the future, that would be great.

·
Informational sponge
108 Posts
well i had a gut feeling about a year and a half ago. this feeling i had was that something bad was gonna happen survival related some kind of Scenario.

I would say you were right on, something terrible is happening. This financial crisis is going to get ugly. It may not be a physical attack / crisis, but the totality of this bail out is going to be devastating.

Way to go, keep listening to your gut.... and letting us know.

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
more of a western hemisphere thing. then i find out a russian aircraft carrier is supposed to be visiting Venezuela. and theres more to it than that but its very vauge.
anyway its hard to explain.

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
more of a western hemisphere thing. then i find out a russian aircraft carrier is supposed to be visiting Venezuela. and theres more to it than that but its very vauge.
anyway its hard to explain.
I agree their is more to this than meets the eye. Especialy since They have had Fighter planes breching the borders of alaska and the canadia borders. And have had to be turned back by ours and the canadia AirForce. They are up to something. There starting to pull the iron curtain back closed.

·
Registered
215 Posts
One of the best books I ever read was "The Gift of Fear". As a society, we write off our "feelings" as being silly or paranoid, but they are there for a reason. Listen to your gut. Don't worry about someone telling you that you are nuts. You'll have more of a chance of staying alive if you move when your gut tells you to move!

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I go with my gut feelings, several years ago I was working on frieght vessle as 1 st. mate.
I got a bad feeling about the job the bosses had laid out for us so I left the boat and quit my job.
About a week later the boat lost power in a good blow and was washed up on a rocky coast line. Thank God no one was killed, but the 180 ft. boat was a total loss.
........................Alaskan.....Dennis.....

·
I hear the bagpipes
279 Posts
I have the same gut feeling. It’s not so much a “psychic” thing, it’s really about being aware to the point that you know when you are vulnerable. A certain mix of circumstances and events add up to an inwardly recognized vulnerability. It’s the “oops I forgot my wallet” feeling. It’s also what the hunted may feel at the moment they find themselves in the crosshairs. How did I let this happen? You may not need the cash or cards, (or license to carry concealed) but you know that if you did, your outta luck. So here we are on the verge of financial collapse, American free market conservative principles are abandoned, we are fighting expensive wars abroad, while our people are losing their homes. Credit is about to disappear, with many jobs lost. What’s that little voice saying that if we were to be attacked at this moment, that all of the above would turn out to be one serious force multiplier? Maybe that little voice says to store more preps, as resources could dry up soon. Our inner survival voice tells us that our surroundings have just become unsafe. Not anything specific, it’s just a combination of leaves rustling from a spot where they should not be, or spooked animals for no apparent reason. Something bad may indeed happen, but it is the convergence of odd an ominous elements that gets our attention. Something simply bad at any other time can turn out to be something worse in these times.

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
mgd only,

I also have had a gut feeling(and I don't mean indigestion). Around election time
we will face riots, then war. I hope I'm wrong, and it holds off. I don't plan on being around next spring, the mountains are calling me. Wifey won't leave her job, so I will go it alone. Spring of 09 will be good practice if nothing else.

Keep your senses sharp and your weapon loaded and ready.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts