Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
6,767 Posts
congress thinks this( Senate Panel to Review )is the answer to everything. It has worked for many times. The panel has determined it is not our fault we have spent our way into the poor house. it's always some else to blame. Right now they are trying to blame the tea party.they should all be sent home.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I saw an interview with a gentleman from S&P, it sounded like he was talking about a convicted criminal, he said that every country that they downgrade, says the same thing. "S&P is wrong, they calculated wrong, blah, blah, blah! It made me laugh. I saw Timmy and Obama saying exactly the same that all other leaders and treasury heads that preceded them.

·
Banned
807 Posts
I think at this point it wont matter what the GOV says. infact I think it will only hurt the US by not learning our lesson. instead we are being ignorant well noy us prepers but the GOV

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congress already grilled the rating companies after the 2008 crash about the derivative debacle. Basically they all just said that ratings were "our opinions" and said that was legal under the 1st amendment.

Check out the movie "Inside Job". I am sure that is what they (rating companies) will do again if pressed. IMO, this is payback from the rating companies sticking it to the man. I can see their point. Washington needs a good Enema but at the same time, these rating companies took vast sums of money from the financial instructions to mark junk investments triple “A” ratings.

It’s a systematic destruction of our economy and I am still on the fence if it’s a good thing – because some really bad entities took over and are running amok and some people are trying to stop them or a bad thing – just another way of controlling the population for who knows what end? In the end, it’s probably just a bunch of greedy mo-fo’s taking our lunch monies for the rest of our lives. Time to punch the bully in the nose and get some respect…

·
Jihaadi GoBOOM
5,365 Posts
Maybe S&P is getting HONEST, or at least smarter. They rated the criminal deception of Merrill's and Goldman's market rate securities, disguised worthless mortgages, AAA. While the bankster vermin was shorting the very sane securities. Goldman made billions on those shorts, twice what they lost out the front door. Scumbags. Remember what caused the previous recession? THAT DID. Obama is just defending the bankstas cause he doesn't want to end up convertibled like JFK was when he wanted to abolish the Fed...

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Maybe S&P is getting HONEST, or at least smarter. They rated the criminal deception of Merrill's and Goldman's market rate securities, disguised worthless mortgages, AAA. While the bankster vermin was shorting the very sane securities. Goldman made billions on those shorts, twice what they lost out the front door. Scumbags. Remember what caused the previous recession? THAT DID. Obama is just defending the bankstas cause he doesn't want to end up convertibled like JFK was when he wanted to abolish the Fed...
I think someone at S&P just got fed up with the damned if you do, damned if you don't and they said screw it. As a company, they are cutting like they are a lumberjack and bonds are their forest.

·
Purrpared
679 Posts
OMG, what did S&P think they were doing? Telling the truth? They can't do that, can they? How dare they out us? We demand a full investigation, and if they haven't broken a law with this we can surely make one up real quick.

Such brazen statements of fact are un-American and could destroy everything this country stands for: The smokescreens, phony wars for corporate profits, back door deals, midnight legislation, huge tax writeoffs for friends of friends -- no wait, that's Congress.

America -- as in we Americans -- can man/woman up and face the truth, just as we did during the last depression. It's some of our elected officials who can't handle it. The other truth they'll be facing come election time is that we can do without their self-serving scams and posturing. Kindly get out of the way and let us get on with making it through this mess with our honor, if not our credit rating, intact.

·
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
6,767 Posts
OMG, what did S&P think they were doing? Telling the truth? They can't do that, can they? How dare they out us? We demand a full investigation, and if they haven't broken a law with this we can surely make one up real quick.

Such brazen statements of fact are un-American and could destroy everything this country stands for: The smokescreens, phony wars for corporate profits, back door deals, midnight legislation, huge tax writeoffs for friends of friends -- no wait, that's Congress.

America -- as in we Americans -- can man/woman up and face the truth, just as we did during the last depression. It's some of our elected officials who can't handle it. The other truth they'll be facing come election time is that we can do without their self-serving scams and posturing. Kindly get out of the way and let us get on with making it through this mess with our honor, if not our credit rating, intact.
how bout regs on the S&P must be something they did to cause this mess. couldn't the azzholes in D.C

·
Joe McCarthy was Right!
4,790 Posts
That S&P downgraded at all is a indicator that they really think that things are 2 to 3 times worse than what they are actually saying. I think its been obvious for years to anyone with an open mind that the US was on an unsustainable path. They should have just downgraded T-bills to junk status because thats what they are. Sure youll get paid back but the cash youll get will be worth about as much as 10 trillion in zimbabwie dollars.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Just give them time (by year end is my guess) another down grade is right around the corner. It is with a negative, a strong one at that it would appear.

DS
Same here, Im in the 'their not done' camp. Nothing changed, the only thing we have seen is a bunch of whining and crying but no real solutions.

Congress needs to get their ass in gear and start cutting. The only whining should be the occasional whine from a congressman- cause he accidentally cut his finger with the budget cutting scissors.

No more whining (John Kerry, Obama, Geithner, Reid)

Get your act together, and start cutting!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts