Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...vote-against-raising-debt-limit-andrew-c-mcca

From Sen. Obama’s Floor Speech, March 20, 2006:

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.” Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better......"

(not that there was really ever any doubt, but is this lying,traitorous clown completely full of s***, or what ? )

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
As shameless as Reagan. But you can expect this from probably ALL politicians. The last president under which the middle-class actually prospered and budgets were balanced was Clinton. And I didn't particularly care for him either.

·
Bad Dog
1,188 Posts
Quit briinging up Facts

when I said that, I was....

in a daze
playing politics
confused
lying, now Im not
pelosi made me say it
do as I do not as I say
just kidding

Im a politition, you cant believe a word I say DING DING = TRUE

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
To be Intellectually fair both Bush and Obama are destroying the country with spending that would make the Soviets blush:D:

·
AAAH GET TO ZE CHOPPA!
1,554 Posts
Well, he was against raising the debt limit before he was for it. He's a politician, I don't see what the big deal is here... I thought it was a rule that nothing a politician says it valid after a new election cycle?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'd love to blame Obama for this mess, but this is really been building for 20-30 years. I just hope we manage to do something that might actually do some good over the long term, unfortunately all the politicians are only worried about short term.

I'd like to see every incumbent voted out next election, I don't care what party they are or how long they've been there. If they can't work together to solve our country's problems, let's vote in a new group, they won't do any worse.

·
Sam Adams was right....
9,381 Posts
... sort of reinforces the notion that both parties are flip-flopping, lying sacks of poo.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Bet his reply to that speach being brought up is..."that was then this is now, If the previous administration would have done there job we wouldnt have to be dealing with this dire situation right now". Liberals, always back peddling on their double standards and always blaming someone else trying to pass the buck off on them.

·
Demon of the Midwest
4,978 Posts
Well..... I blame us. He didn't elect himself.
I blame voter fraud. Same as what got Bush JR his second term.

I feel this current mess goes back to Bush senior at the very least. Carter sucked, but there have been a lot of turds in the office since the early teens, OK damn near all of em.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts