Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the post office dropped off a package with my name on it.

I wonder what is in it?

keys are for scale.

This is not an advertisement for Selway, I bought the contents of the package with my money.

Attachments

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since you've been on a mag buying spree recently I'm guessing 4-6 windowless M2 Pmags.
Very good, and we have a winner.

I'll post some pics this evening.

The package contains:

A 3 pack of Troy battle mags
3 pmags, gen2, 30 round windowed
3 pmags, gen3, 20 round

Over the past few months I have been mostly buying pmags. I have gotten to the point where I want to start adding some variety, so I am going to start buying Troy battle mags and probably some Lancer next month.

My main focus is going to be on pmags. I just want to add some variety to my stockpile.

Sandy hook caught me with my pants down with my magazine stockpile.

15 - 20 years ago in the 1990s I was buying mostly gun show GI surplus magazines. What I was left with was a stockpile of this and that brandnames and sometimes questionable reliability.

A lot has changed since the 1990s. It is time to get with the program.

I retired a lot of my C Products gi surplus 30 round magazines and are replacing them with pmags, D&H and NHMTG magazines.

Why am I retriing my C Products magazines? Because when I went to replace the factory follower with magpul anti-tilt, sometimes the anti-tilt follower would not even slide through the C Products magazine. To test the follower, I would drop the follower into the base of the magazine and let it slide through freely. In several C Products magazines the follower would get stuck and would not slide all the way through the magazine body.

·
Errrrr
5,680 Posts
I won't ask what you have your magazine count up to, but make sure you are not neglecting ammunition and replacement slings!

I wonder how many guys here have stockpiles of magazines but only 1 sling per weapon. Huge mistake.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot to post pics last night, sorry.

I won't ask what you have your magazine count up to, but make sure you are not neglecting ammunition and replacement slings!

I wonder how many guys here have stockpiles of magazines but only 1 sling per weapon. Huge mistake.
Besides the magazines, now that 223 is back in stock a walmart I am buying the 100, and 120 round bricks of Federal.

My current 223 stockpile is about 1/2 steel cased, and about 1/2 brass cased. I am phasing out all of my steel cased ammo, except for target shooting. When my wife and I go shooting, we bring some brass cased ammo, but it is mostly steel cased. And that is due to cost.

I feel like I am starting over with my magazine stockpile, which can be a good and bad thing.

One one hand I had a bunch of GI surplus magazines, and now I have a bunch of brand new modern magazines.

As for my count, if 30 round magazines were banned today, I would not feel "that" bad. I still want to buy a bunch more nhmtg and pmags, but I am at a comfortable phase.

As for slings and spare parts, I have a few spare parts and almost no spare slings.

One of the things I want to do is build a new rifle. And since palmetto state armory has some black friday sales, now might be the time.

My plan is to buy a new rifle, more magazines, ammo and spare parts through the end of January.

Come the end of January my focus is going to turn towards the new chicken house and a solar panel setup for the chicken house. Come the end of January and the first of February of next year, instead of buying magazines and spare parts, it will be 12 volt lights, batteries, solar panel, charge controller,,,,.

Because at the end of February and into the first of march my wife and I are looking at getting at least 2 dozen more chickens. Our current chicken house can only hold 12 chickens.

·
Mad Man with a Box
4,823 Posts
Nice.

Got PLENTY of 5.56 PMAGs before the big run on them. Lately though I've been hunting up 7.62/.308 PMAGs.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here are the pics from the package,

I am looking forward to trying out the troy battlemag and the 20 round pmags.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I understand that when the Partners at C Products split up, the new owner had lots of problems with his "new" C Products magazines. I got lots of the older, before split up magazines and they work just fine newer anti tilt followers.

Jungle Work

·
Registered
57 Posts
That could be why PSA had them on clearance for $ 5.99 with free shipping
I purchased a couple of those magazines just to check them out. I couldn't find a thing wrong with them. They feed fine and lock up (when empty) just as good as any other mag I have; they all drop loose as well whether full or empty.

just my .02

1 - 16 of 16 Posts