Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
I'm currently seeing them new on-line as low as $499,delivered. But the folks selling them used on places like Armslist all seem to want a couple hundred extra. I don't know if they got stuck buying during one of the last panics, or if they're just greedy and stupid, or if they're merely uninformed about what they're going for right now.
One guy locally here was just trying to sell a Serbian NPAP for around $1200. I couldn't resist messaging him and telling him that they can be found locally, brand new, for around $600. He later dropped the price to something odd, like $864, which is still ridiculous.
Unless you're in no hurry, I'd post it on Armslist at $500 (or maybe $525-550, so you can give the buyer a "break" if he asks and round down to $500.)

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
AKs are like dirty cheap these days.

I'll give you $75 for it, which was the going price in 1985 for a Russian AK.

·
Don't be dumb
7,232 Posts
DONT SELL! If you really want to sell wait till right before the mid-term election, I have a feeling there will be another run on guns.
Exactly what he said. I bet they will be going for around $700-800 in about 6 months if you can wait. The Dems are going to double down in stupid and start enacting backdoor gun control by squeezing the dealers through their banks and many other surprises we will soon find out about.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...llers-say-high-risk-label-from-feds/?page=all

·
The Celtic Prepper
928 Posts
I had an M10-762 but stripped the furniture, sold it off, and put on a Timbersmith black wood stock set that I picked up used for $60. Essentially, that made it a WASR with a Tapco G2 FCG and nicer wood. - I traded/sold mine off for a Gen4 Glock 19, $175, and a box of 9mm. The value seemed right.

$500 shipped for a WASR + transfer fees puts it at $520 brand new. Assuming yours is stock, I'd post for $520 and see what offers you get. To be honest, though, I would hang onto it unless you're in desperate need of cash. You could even sell it and upgrade to a Yugo N-PAP or pickup an M92 PAP with some cash leftover for more mags.

WASR's just ain't my flavor, and that goes for many folks. You'll see a lot of "WTB AK47" ads and often see "no WASR's" posted in there somewhere. They're just not too highly regarded, and even if they've gotten better like I hear, why get one when an N-PAP is only slightly more?

Why do you want to sell?

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
If I had a WASR that left Century good to go, I would likely not want to sell it. On mine, the fronts sight is slightly canted, but not enough to hurt anything. Once I replaced the loose slant muzzle break with a trype 84 break the gun shot into 3 moa with lead core Chinese ammo. Such a gun is a keeper. It does have magazine wobble and will not accept many American plastic magazines. Gun is still a keeper, I only use steel combloc mags.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.