Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
The Power of the Glave
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Selective Service website crashed, due to being overloaded by requests for information about the draft:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/03/politics/military-draft-selective-service-site-crash-trnd/index.html

Apparently, panicked young adults are fearful of "being called-up to fight World War III", due to the recent incident with Iran. They want to find out how to avoid the "draft", if there was a general call-up. The vast majority of website requests regarded applications for deferement:

(CNN)The Selective Service website crashed Friday because of "the spread of misinformation," the agency tweeted.

The website's crash came hours after the announcement that the head of Iran's Revolutionary Guards' Quds Force, Qasem Soleimani, was killed by a US airstrike ordered by President Donald Trump. The hashtag #WorldWarIII was one of the top trends on Twitter Friday.
The incident led to threats of retaliation from Iran's government and the escalation of tensions between the US and Iran. It sparked fears on social media of a war between the two countries and the possibility of another military draft in the US.
"Due to the spread of misinformation, our website is experiencing high traffic volumes at this time," the Selective Service tweeted. "If you are attempting to register or verify registration, please check back later today as we are working to resolve this issue. We appreciate your patience."

Apparently--today's young adults don't have the patriotism that was just a few generations back.

[Armed services enlistment office swamped by applicants after Pearl Harbor attack]

·
reluctant sinner
17,520 Posts
Yea well consider the VA treatment of vets. I'd bet they would fix the system if CONgress and the less than supreme court had to get their health care there.

Then there is case for just not wanting to go to some 3rd world craphole to kill people and break things as the minion of the NWO/SWAMP Banksters.

BTW I volunteered for the draft, did my time and got out. My dad and all his brothers were drafted for WWII 5/5. 1 sis served, my brother and I (3/5 kids, 1 sis rejected bad eyes) All 3 of my nephews and my niece are vets 4/4.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
As the Pentagon integrates women into every job in the military, the necessary next step is to amend the law to require women to also register with Selective Service, ensuring any future draft will fairly affect all eligible U.S. citizens, regardless of sex. The arc of American history and the democratic experiment is to get ever closer to the ideal that “we the people” are all “created equal” enjoying the rights and responsibilities of being American. The defense of the nation is one such responsibility all should share.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2019/3/7/the-case-for-women-entering-a-draft

Judge Gray Miller of the U.S. Southern District of Texas ruled Friday that the Military Selective Service Act discriminates on the basis of gender. He said the U.S. Selective Service System's arguments in defense "smacked of 'archaic and overbroad generalization about women's preferences.'" The arguments, as interpreted by Miller, included concerns that a draft for both genders would have a negative impact on military recruiting because women might believe they will be forced into combat positions if they enlist...

The ruling does not order the federal government to change its policy on who must register, nor does it make any recommendation to Congress, which would have to change the laws governing the Selective Service System to require women to sign up.

Miller's decision comes as a congressional commission weighs the future of national service, including draft registration for women and men. The National Commission on Military, National and Public Service is expected to release a report next year on recommendations for the Selective Service System and other opportunities for young people within the federal government...

Support for women registering for the system gained steam after the Defense Department abolished all restrictions on women serving in combat positions in 2013. Several plaintiffs, including the National Coalition for Men (NCFM), subsequently filed lawsuits challenging the "men-only" requirement of Selective Service. In 2016, Congress created the blue-ribbon panel to study the issue...

In a statement on its Facebook page, the Selective Service System said no change to the process can occur without new legislation. The system "does not make policy and follows laws as written. As such, until Congress modifies the Military Selective Service Act or a court orders Selective Service to change our standing operation, the following remains in effect," referring to the requirement that men ages 18-25 register, while women are not required to do so.

Defense Department officials have told Congress they support preserving the Selective Service System and welcome the inclusion of women. In a report to Congress in 2017, they argued that a future draft likely would focus on highly technical skills that are in short supply in general and, accordingly, "targeting a draft to only 50 percent of the available population would severely limit" the department's capabilities in a national emergency.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/02/26/no-women-dont-have-sign-draft-yet-heres-whats-next.html

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,953 Posts
My ignorant nephew was all upset about his 10 year old possibly being drafted in the future. I said any conflict would be long over by that time.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,953 Posts
Sailor, he was ignorant before this. He permanently disabled himself due to smoking pot and getting into 2 separate accidents at work. He didn't learn from the first, the second almost killed him. Then bought a 3,000 sf house he cannot afford, I could go on.

THEN this.

Reactions: Optimist

·
Retired *****
18,326 Posts
My ignorant nephew was all upset about his 10 year old possibly being drafted in the future. I said any conflict would be long over by that time.
We've been in ****canistan for 20.

The Israelis won the six day war in ..... six days. I wonder what they did right. :confused:

In response to the apparent mobilization of its Arab neighbours, early on the morning of June 5, Israel staged a sudden preemptive air assault that destroyed more than 90 percent Egypt’s air force on the tarmac. A similar air assault incapacitated the Syrian air force. Without cover from the air, the Egyptian army was left vulnerable to attack. Within three days the Israelis had achieved an overwhelming victory on the ground, capturing the Gaza Strip and all of the Sinai Peninsula up to the east bank of the Suez Canal.
https://www.britannica.com/event/Six-Day-War

Of course we made them give it all back. :confused:

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Us old farts might have to volunteer to come back :taped:

For kicks, at 48, I updated my SelServ address...
Reckon they will take me back after c5-6&6-7 fusion? I mean I’m a bit over weight, but my attitude is amazing! I really would do it again, that oath doesn’t expire!

“you need to move out here. I work much cheaper”, tedlovesjeeps71 ; 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so spelling is probably horrible.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts