Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WA State, Are you seeing folks in public wearing masks?

I'm curious. COVID-19 is definitely out there. Our governor declared a state of emergency.

I'm ticked off about that stupid teacher who, along with family, took advantage of the cheap airfare and accommodations to traipse around on the East Asian COVID-19 tour and brought it back and now infected an entire school with one family member testing positive and in the hospital.

Have you seen folks in public wearing masks yet?

My son saw someone wearing it but it was an Asian lady, they often do regularly.

·
Museum Piece
312 Posts
Just went to the bank, Cash & Carry, a Korean eatery, Rite Aid, and got the car washed.

There were 3 Asian ladies in the veggie cool room. No one batted an eye. We did see a mask in the baby seat in a cart. That was about it.

Our friends run a good Chinese eatery in Centralia. (The Dragonfly if you want real Chinese food) They get all their supplies from Portland, trucked up.
The place was packed like any other Saturday afternoon that is not raining.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Kinda a homebody,work is 5 miles away.Don't shop much,go to work,go home,sometimes go fishing in remote areas.
Some of ya'll get around more,by neccesity or choice.

Those billions of masks that are all sold out,just being hoarded,or are people actually driving/walking around wearing them?

BTW,I work at a construction supply warehouse,where people actually buy them for construction work.We can't get any since last week,usually get/sell 4=6 cases a week.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
2 weeks ago I saw one person wearing a mask in public at the store in Michigan. I've not seen anyone wearing a mask at work.

·
SBs Resident Non Prepper
7,262 Posts
No one is wearing them where I go.... people are just being crazy and buying up everything in sight.
Paranoia

·
Off the leash
2,184 Posts
Not just for the virus, no. We have seen people wearing them for the cold or because they wore them before the virus because of depleted immune systems.

We did notice all the disinfecting sprays and sanitizing wipes at WM had been pretty picked through and there weren't many left to choose from. We got luck and found containers of 80 wipes on the clearance aisle for $2.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Went to Wal-Mart Friday morning early around 7AM to beat the crowds and possible contact with anyone sick, so I'm walking towards the grocery end of the store on one of the long store wide isles and I spy a Man with a Mask on, and low and behold he's Asian :xeye: I think crap don't want to be near him so I take a wide detour around him just to be on the safe side :thumb:

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,988 Posts
An Asian woman at work, who was wearing it improperly (nose exposed). People at work have a very bad track record of coming in sick.

They have a thing where they build up their sick time until they have a year, they go out on one of their work related rsi injuries, and milk that for the year, using up the entire sick time, then resign. They apparently don't get to take the time with them when they quit so they work it that way instead.

So they come in and infect those of us who do not have sick time, and must care for elderly/disabled to boot. I have refused to make change in the past for people who were clearly ill and I will continue that policy.

·
Indefatigable
20,144 Posts
None I have seen in Tulsa or the surrounding areas of Osage Co OK

Reactions: cook

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
Zero here on the Springfield Plateau
I doubt anyone in the Ozarks is doing it
If you choose to wear a mask/face-mask
Good on you
If you choose not to do it
Wash your hands
Do not touch your face

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Yup I've seen a few on here but generally speaking it is not common. People here are so poor even the trades people don't wear them.

·
never tell me the odds
725 Posts
I've seen a few people wearing them out and about... one guy at Walmart (guy was in full bdu with a black respirator and gloves on) and another at tractor supply with an n95 on.

·
Banned
14,067 Posts
I have admittedly extremely cut down on my trips out. I leave the house now probably on average 1 in 3 days, and only for very limited trips.

Last trip to the local grocery store about a week ago I saw 1 older man wearing a mask.

I suspect in the next 2 weeks we'll see ~20% of the population with PPE measures and shrinking populations in public.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I allways see Asians wearing them on planes, even outside flu season. 2 weeks ago, flying through ATL, talked to a middle aged white woman from Montgomery, AL wo had a dusk mask on. She’s the first one I’ve seen who was clearly not Asian, or didn’t look like an industrial worker. DefiniteLy saw more Asians in them. Occasionally in DC you will see EMTs with them, so I’d probally not note that either,

Note Asians refers to nationality, I don’t see Asian Americans wearing them ( where from knowing the person, or other circumstances you are fairly sure they live here.)

1 - 20 of 96 Posts