Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
They have no idea. The virus could peter out like SARS1 .. which seems most likely, or it could mutate into a 100 different strains all doing different nasty things to people. They have absolutely no idea. Maybe they do know, and just aren't telling us.

·
Registered
952 Posts
We should just appoint Sturgeon as Prime Minister, and cut out the middleman. She seems to be deciding policy. Just see what she announces, wait three days and it becomes policy for England, too. God rot her.

The reluctance of the teaching unions to go back to work will accentuate the divide between private and state schools. That's a real pity.

·
Premium Member
2,485 Posts
Isn't this the type of care you get with Socialized Medicine?

A friend in Montreal had a guy fixing her plumbing, who had a heart attack around noon one day. She was told the ambulance would be delayed so she put the guy in her car and drove two three hospitals until someone told her the between 1100 and 1400 it was lunchtime for the docs and on one would look at him until after that. He survived, but God knows how.

Ya'll shoot straight and stay safe.

WW

WE ALL WANT TO BE FREE, BUT VERY FEW OF US WANT TO BE BRAVE. FOR ALL OF US TO BE FREE, A FEW MORE OF US, ESPECIALLY NOW, MUST BE BRAVE, AND THAT'S THE HISTORY OF AMERICA

K. R. Carleson - Navigator B-24J

·
D. Gibbons is a bad man
5,417 Posts
We should just appoint Sturgeon as Prime Minister, and cut out the middleman. She seems to be deciding policy. Just see what she announces, wait three days and it becomes policy for England, too. God rot her.

The reluctance of the teaching unions to go back to work will accentuate the divide between private and state schools. That's a real pity.
Nicola is just ahead of the curve. :D:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Sorry peeps but i am not a great fan of the NHS either.

When it works its supposed to be fantastic, but I have yet to have that personal experience . All i ever meet working there are not the nice ones.

Personally I strongly believe all GP's should be kicked up the backside and the money there BUSINESSES, cream cut back.

I support the ambulance staff, fire and police, i don't support the RNLI but i do support the Severn crews, Air ambulances should be fuel vat free. Any of the mountain rescue peeps are utter hero's too as well as the many other supporting groups.

But once you step inside the hospital/GP surgery, four walls, my support stops.

All the covid 19 stuff has done to me is expose the monstrous waste and corruption and terrible management.

Sorry but if i had my way i would rip the NHS to pieces and rebuild it and very very few staff would keep their jobs and EVERYONE would have their work publicly examined and exposed as good, bad or indifferent. How about that inept manager truly being publicly exposed for the idiot that they are.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I do know the father-in-law of my son's rugby coach, who was diagnosed with cancer in January, his treatment was delayed by Covid, and now they're looking for a hospice because it's now too late to treat him and save his life. Think I dislike the NHS? You should talk to them.
He died yesterday. Should have had an appointment in March, but it was delayed by covid. When they finally saw him a month ago, his cancer was terminal. They couldn't move him towards the end, so he stayed in hospital, where visiting times are one person for 45 minutes, twice a day. He died alone.

·
Registered
770 Posts
He died yesterday. Should have had an appointment in March, but it was delayed by covid. When they finally saw him a month ago, his cancer was terminal. They couldn't move him towards the end, so he stayed in hospital, where visiting times are one person for 45 minutes, twice a day. He died alone.
A very common issue,we lost mum to cancer this year due to refusal to continue with the chemo she was on. went from a high survival rate to her grave. I still see no reason why the oncology ward was closed other than to move staff else where and then let the patients die

·
Registered
952 Posts
Shutting down Newcastle nightlife for a week might move the numbers down.:upsidedown:
That would only work if Covid was an STD. Have you been to Newcastle on a Friday night? I don't think I'll ever get those memories out of my head.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts