Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sears Plans More Store Closings

Sears Holdings Corp., the holding company of both the Sears and Kmart chains, announced Tuesday that it will launch a new round of store closings. According to Reuters, the announcement was concurrent with the company's announcement that it had posted a loss of $146 million in the third quarter.

The closings announcement, along with the company's announcement of a stock buyback, actually caused the company's stock to rise on Wednesday, despite the quarterly loss. Sears will close eight stores- in addition to the 14 already closed last quarter.
8 Stores is not much but still a lot of people out of a job.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you kidding FX. You come after me on an unrelated thread. Wow your a piece of shlt.
I am glad you find humor is people losing their job though.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Are you kidding FX. You come after me on an unrelated thread. Wow your a piece of shlt.
I am glad you find humor is people losing their job though.
just bumping your thread. I like sears, we have a smaller version of one in our town. sorry.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Come on now you know that is not what you were doing. Be honest now. The pic of the Viking wanna be with the Norge face paint is a clear slight. How about I don't need you to bump my threads. Thanks anyways.

·
The Punisher
1,607 Posts
just bumping your thread.
After 12 minutes? Please, you're nothing but a troll.

Leif, I'm wondering if the Sears here in the Valley would be one of those. I never see anyone in that place when I drive by. To top it off, Wally World is right across the street, so that doesn't help things.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
After 12 minutes? Please, you're nothing but a troll.

Leif, I'm wondering if the Sears here in the Valley would be one of those. I never see anyone in that place when I drive by. To top it off, Wally World is right across the street, so that doesn't help things.
Same situation near me. It was a K-mart, now a Sears, but with the "mighty" Wal-Mart right across the street it's days are numbered I'm sure.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
We have a meijer's wallyworld and a menard's north of town. no reason for anyone to even go into town itself anymore. I avoid the wallyworld, might go in a few times per year.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a management position with this company, I know a lot of the inner workings. They have announced this small number of closings which will most likely roll into double digits. The companies practices are sneaky at best. They also do silent lay offs. One this last may where several hundred people lost their jobs. They made the terminated sign wavers to allow them their severance to keep them quiet and not file lawsuits. I could tell you oodles about them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts