Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
18,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked one up for $320 at Online Outfitters.

Includes hard case, two 8 round mags, cleaning brush, plastic patch rod, plastic bushing wrench.

Series 70 internals. Hammer forged. Chrome barrel. Good and consistent black Cerakote finish. GI cuts. Standard GI'ish 1911 sights.

I will be replacing the sights and grips, not because there is anything really wrong with them, but because of my preferences for night sights and wood grips. I probably will replace the hammer to debur it a bit, and replace the trigger with something skeletonized, simply because I like the cosmetics better.

Put accurately put 150 rounds through it thus far without as much a hiccup. It's not a Les Baer custom shooting experience, but it is a solid 1911 performer thus far. It could easily be a less expensive EDC for someone who prefers a 1911.

Photos taken from the web, but an accurate representation of what received.

Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Revolver
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

·
HMFIC
1,286 Posts
I got one of their enhanced models years ago. Rail, novak style sights, beavertail, cutout hammer. Came with a holster, 2 8rnd mecgar mags, hard case. Haven't had a single issue with it through all kinds of ammo, it's as accurate as I want it to be, and cost $400 brand new.

·
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
14,256 Posts
Picked one up for $320 at Online Outfitters.

Includes hard case, two 8 round mags, cleaning brush, plastic patch rod, plastic bushing wrench.

Series 70 internals. Hammer forged. Chrome barrel. Good and consistent black Cerakote finish. GI cuts. Standard GI'ish 1911 sights.

I will be replacing the sights and grips, not because there is anything really wrong with them, but because of my preferences for night sights and wood grips. I probably will replace the hammer to debur it a bit, and replace the trigger with something skeletonized, simply because I like the cosmetics better.

Put accurately put 150 rounds through it thus far without as much a hiccup. It's not a Les Baer custom shooting experience, but it is a solid 1911 performer thus far. It could easily be a less expensive EDC for someone who prefers a 1911.

Photos taken from the web, but an accurate representation of what received.

View attachment 449025 View attachment 449026
Very nice. I want a Springfield Defender Series 1911 in .45 acp. If I ever get my rights back, that will be the first gun that I buy. Going to find a pic of it and post it in an edit. But you did good MSP, I'm happy for you.

ETA: Defend Your Legacy Series 1911 Mil-Spec .45 ACP Handgun - Springfield Armory

Reactions: jojo64155
18,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where are they made?
Turkey has about 250 businesses that produce firearms, that include civilian manufacturing companies such of Tisas and Stoeger, but also has some impressive and competitive defense manufacturers.

The quality firearms products coming out of Turkey, surpasses most of what is coming out of the Philippines, regardless of the price.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Turkey has about 250 businesses that produce firearms, that include civilian manufacturing companies such of Tisas and Stoeger, but also has some impressive and competitive defense manufacturers.

The quality firearms products coming out of Turkey, surpasses most of what is coming out of the Philippines, regardless of the price.
Although I don't know how many; I do know Turkey definitely has a lot of firearm's manufacturers and also sub contractors who make parts for them.

Turkey also has a lot of different species of walnut in a variety of grades: TURKISH WALNUT Gunstock blanks :::...TURKISHWALNUT.NET...::: Exhibition grade - High Grade - AAA Fancy - AA Fancy - A Fancy - SemiFancy - Full Lux Pieces - Circassian walnut stock blanks Turkish walnut easily reaches exhibition grade.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Very nice. I want a Springfield Defender Series 1911 in .45 acp. If I ever get my rights back, that will be the first gun that I buy. Going to find a pic of it and post it in an edit. But you did good MSP, I'm happy for you.

ETA: Defend Your Legacy Series 1911 Mil-Spec .45 ACP Handgun - Springfield Armory
Thats the 1911 I have wanted for years.

Nice write up OP. I am interested in the Tisas Beretta copy of the model 84 in 380 caliber. I don't really care for 380 micro guns but the bigger sized 380s really appeal to me.

Of course its now out of stock.

·
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
14,256 Posts
18,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats the 1911 I have wanted for years.

Nice write up OP. I am interested in the Tisas Beretta copy of the model 84 in 380 caliber. I don't really care for 380 micro guns but the bigger sized 380s really appeal to me.

Of course its now out of stock.

J&G has them in stock and for $370 (that is $20 less than Aim)

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
J&G has them in stock and for $370 (that is $20 less than Aim)

Thanks. But right now I have bought all the guns I'm allowing myself to buy. I would really like one of those but the ridiculous price of 380 is one of the reasons I probably won't buy one of those. I don't understand why you you can buy 9mm and 40S&W for $20 per 50 rounds and sometimes less and 380 is still in the $30 a box ballpark for FMJ loads. You would think with all the people using the 380 that the ammo would be in the same price range as 9mm.

18,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks. But right now I have bought all the guns I'm allowing myself to buy. I would really like one of those but the ridiculous price of 380 is one of the reasons I probably won't buy one of those. I don't understand why you you can buy 9mm and 40S&W for $20 per 50 rounds and sometimes less and 380 is still in the $30 a box ballpark for FMJ loads. You would think with all the people using the 380 that the ammo would be in the same price range as 9mm.
.26 cents a round (brass) at LAX Ammo, as opposed to the cheapest 9mm I can find at .24 cents a round (brass) at Sterling.

But to provide an to answer your observation: There is less demand for .380 Auto (9mm Short) than for 9mm Luger, but still enough demand for manufacturers to produce such.

·
HMFIC
1,286 Posts
.26 cents a round (brass) at LAX Ammo, as opposed to the cheapest 9mm I can find at .24 cents a round (brass) at Sterling.

But to provide an to answer your observation: There is less demand for .380 Auto (9mm Short) than for 9mm Luger, but still enough demand for manufacturers to produce such.
At the last local gunshow I bought 2 boxes (50rnds ea) of maxxtech 380 for $22 each, out the door. The cheapest I found online was $21/box. Although with the cost of gas going there, and the now $13 entrance fee, it would've been cheaper to get it online, even with shipping.

I may join target sport's ammo prime again. It's now $95/yr, but you get free shipping on absolutely everything, no minimum, and a discount across the board. It wasn't worth it the past 2yrs, when they had NO ammo, and whatever they did was horrendously overpriced. Prices have come down some, but still not where they belong.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts