Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,985 Posts
For you or for someone else?

If for you God has a plan for your life.

If someone close to you has done it God can forgive everything.

I will also tell you the story of Gary, a client of mine at a non profit. Gary blew his head off, so he thought, but the bullet just took his face off, blinded him, made him deaf and a horror movie spectacle confined to home. He thought he had it bad before, he had no idea. If God does not want you dead you will not die, you will just end up completely ****ed up with a million more problems.

I thought about this a lot over the years, battling many suicidal depressioins.

·
Registered
764 Posts
For you or for someone else?

If for you God has a plan for your life.

If someone close to you has done it God can forgive everything.

I will also tell you the story of Gary, a client of mine at a non profit. Gary blew his head off, so he thought, but the bullet just took his face off, blinded him, made him deaf and a horror movie spectacle confined to home. He thought he had it bad before, he had no idea. If God does not want you dead you will not die, you will just end up completely ****ed up with a million more problems.

I thought about this a lot over the years, battling many suicidal depressioins.
Wow .your God really did that to some one ?

14,480 Posts
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17
Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
I have been searching the bible for scripture specifically referencing suicide, and while I am still reading, does anyone have any that they could direct me to?

Thanks.
I don't have time at the moment to find the actual Scripture but King Saul committed suicide in the Old Testament. I can't remember if it was in one of the Samuels; one of the Kings; or one of the Chronicles. I think it was probably 2 Samuel.

Reactions: Mazarine33

·
Registered
764 Posts
True God did not make him pull the trigger .but it is implied god was involved in the messed up outcome as a form of instant punishment .

·
Goat Roper
1,262 Posts
There is only 1 unpardonable sin, and that is Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, which to me is Rejecting God/Jesus. Every other sin can be forgiven.
Mark 3 28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: 29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation: 30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.
I dont believe suicide is an ULTIMATE crime. Yeah, God frowns on it, it is the cowards way out, but it doesnt automagically condemn one to Hell, or so I read it.

·
Goat Roper
1,262 Posts
We mortals have a habit of implying that just because God is Omnipotent, Omniscient, and Omnipresent, He controls all things, or constantly intervenes. I say He can, He might, but He isnt sitting up there playing chessmaster. The friend that blew his face off should have aimed better. I had a friend once in jail ministry, testifying to prisoners, that it was only by Gods grace that he never killed anyone while driving drunk. Now, why would God make sure my friend never ran anyone over, yet many innocent folks die EVERYDAY from drunk drivers. If a man goes into a theater with a gun and blasts 25 people in the head, chances are they ALL will die. Does God sit there, let it happen, then decide who He wants to pull thru? He could, and Im sure sometimes does. He might even cause a flat tire on someones car so they dont even make the show. Or if a person prayed beforehand about getting out of the house and going to the movie, He might instill in their spirit to stay home. But I am a firm believer that death is part of life and God allows it to happen. Our Death, to God, is not something for us to be consumed with. He knows the REALITY of what Lay on the other side.
I say all of this to try and point out that Life happens.
People Live and Die. Gods will is NOT being done on this earth. Yet He allows this. Sometimes He intervenes, but not always. One of my sayings is "God wont make a person do anything, but He can sure make you wish you had"!
Rejecting His Spirit/Son is the only SIN that we cant be forgiven of. IMHO

14,480 Posts
We mortals have a habit of implying that just because God is Omnipotent, Omniscient, and Omnipresent, He controls all things, or constantly intervenes. I say He can, He might, but He isnt sitting up there playing chessmaster...
God's gift to mankind, among many others, is free will. Satan, however, is playing chessmaster when God permits such to occur.

This same free will is what he allows us to refute and deny Satan and all his works, and he is powerless over us if we do so.

However, if we choose to refute and/or deny God in our lives, even if we don't openly embrace Satan and his works, God may or may not choose to not protect us from Satan's deeds on Earth, and our souls will still be condemned to Hell.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
The following resource might be of interest to you:

That is some website.

Is that actual Roman Catholic ideology, or someone playing the Devil's advocate?
Yes that is an interesting website! It is all copyrighted by some guy named Kevin Knight.....so I googled him and found this tidbit on Wikipedia,

"In 1993, Kevin Knight, then a 26-year-old resident of Denver, Colorado, was inspired, during the visit of Pope John Paul II to that city for World Youth Day, to launch a project to publish the 1913 edition of the 1907–1912 Catholic Encyclopedia on the Internet. Knight founded the website New Advent to house the undertaking. Volunteers from the United States, Canada, France and Brazil helped in the transcription of the original material. The site went online in 1995 and transcription efforts finished in 1997.[1][2]"
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Advent

1 - 20 of 31 Posts