Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you ever question your faith, or just life in general & want to throw your hands up and say screw it?

If you were to "screw it" so to say, how would you go about it? Run away & start a new life? Kill yourself? Have some backbone & get over it?

After 5 marriages I'm to that point. Sometimes I question my faith. The only hope I have are the friends I've met on boards like this one.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Hate to be an ass, but after five marriages, chances are yo're the one with the problem, not your ex's.

·
Registered
204 Posts
x infinity on kahn's comment... and what tugger and texjen said.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
where is this site getting all the....

Reactions: Mama Bear

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Hey I have been there and it was me. I use to work off shore and when I was home I seemed to always pick the party girls. I would go for beautiful women who dressed to kill loved the coke and drank like fish. So it was my bad choice of women that got me screwed up. I changed my style and guess what now my faith is firm and I have a good relationship with my woman. Its you bro something you are doing screws things up look hard at it hell maybe you fart to much they really don't think its cute. You drink or cuss. You hunt and fish to much your a controlling know it all ahole. Something is causing this but it ain't GOD he is a good dude on your side all the way only you can slip off the path. And if you reach out to him he will pull you back up. Hell you don't have to be perfect he knows who you are just try and be better at what you do.

·
Healer
918 Posts
It seems that you might be drawn to an unequally yoked marriage. What is it that drew you to these five different partners? What is it in yourself that you might need to surrender to Jesus?

My advice - PRAY. Turn it over to GOD. You need to find a peace within yourself.

Surrender all to Jesus - trust in Him. Remember the battle is the LORD's not your own. As in 1 Peter 3 we are instructed to show the Love of Jesus through action and not our words and yes, this can include NO nagging, whining, bemoaning your spouse.

Marriage is a give and take, and work. I know because I have been married for 19 yrs. I am more spiritual than my hubby. I believe that because I put God and Jesus first in my life that I have a good marriage. God and His glory come first in ALL things. So to say screw it, run away, or to think about suicide is like giving over your heart and soul to contempt before God. You are a soldier of God, no? Then start acting and thinking like one. PRAY, read your bible, and get yourself in a right place - physically, mentally, and spiritually. Running away never solves anything - you are who your are, and when YOU decide to get right with God and act like a soldier in His army then - just maybe - you will find the right partner and then it takes WORK, just like everything else in life.

Commitment, work, love, and putting God first in every relationship - especially your marriage. Through an honest conviction with God you will see changes manifest in your life and in your relationships.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Do any of you ever question your faith, or just life in general & want to throw your hands up and say screw it?

If you were to "screw it" so to say, how would you go about it? Run away & start a new life? Kill yourself? Have some backbone & get over it?

After 5 marriages I'm to that point. Sometimes I question my faith. The only hope I have are the friends I've met on boards like this one.
I'm all for jokes guys, but Guns-n-Jesus, sounds like he needs real help. Maybe an internet forum is not the place to get it. With 5 marriages, it sounds to me like you are looking for someone to make yourself happy.

The best advice I ever got was that no other person can make you happy. Only you can decide to be happy or not. You have to first be happy with yourself and then find out if you can be happy with someone else.

Now, before you go talking about killing yourself, get some help. There are a lot of great pastors, services and counselors out there. They can surely help more than folks you meet on the internet.

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts

Run away and start a new life, so long as you don't have dependants. If you do have dependants considering homing/foster care - a bit like leaving one's dog in the woods. If that's really where you're at right now then just fold. Life's too short to sit around fixing crap. Live a few lives if necessary, just not simultaneously (which you are doing on this forum for one). This forum definately ain't the answer. Well it was; I just gave it. Now go do it and leave the forum in the process of the said action. The world is your oyster :rolleyes:

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
Troll...

I'm all for jokes guys, but Guns-n-Jesus, sounds like he needs real help. Maybe an internet forum is not the place to get it. With 5 marriages, it sounds to me like you are looking for someone to make yourself happy.

The best advice I ever got was that no other person can make you happy. Only you can decide to be happy or not. You have to first be happy with yourself and then find out if you can be happy with someone else.

Now, before you go talking about killing yourself, get some help. There are a lot of great pastors, services and counselors out there. They can surely help more than folks you meet on the internet.
Once again, you good folks are getting duped into replying to this troll's threads. Defend him if you like, maybe after you click his profile, then click "all posts started by..."
--problem with minor flooding is dampness
--camping with vietcong
--buying condoms to make hot chicks think he's 'getting some'...then throwing them away...
--he calls me a fool for not finding Jesus, then in his next breath he posts that he's said "screw it" and lost his faith
--5th wife?

Seriously people, I know his threads can become hijacked and actually become useful and provide information, but why humor him?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Re-evaluate your life, your habits, your actions, your words, etc... The fact is, many people will push their beliefs, habits, personality, wants, etc... onto others. I wouldn't say god is the answer, but then again, that is not my belief, so I would take a good long look back at actions taken and determine what you looked for in a woman in the first place as well as what you did throughout each entire relationship. The fact is, I had a friend who had the same issue, but he always put himself in the situation, it was no one elses fault. After pulling his ass out of the fire a number of times, I finally sat him down and told him where I saw him being selfish and where he put his needs/wants ahead of others. He got really pissed off at first since that's the normal response to being told you are making a mess of your life and others. Eventually, he stopped trying to hit me and left. Took about a year after that before he realized that I was right and that he had screwed himself up. He's finally gotten his life together, has a good job, a nice wife, and he's no longer a selfish and childish bastard. In his case, it was selfishness, in other cases, it may be that someone is attracted to the type of person who is immature (one of the other posts mentioned dating women who did drugs and were alcoholics). In very very rare cases (say 1 in 100,000,000) someone is just very unlucky...but like I said, very very rare.

--Wintermute

·
Throbbing Member
130 Posts
Once again, you good folks are getting duped into replying to this troll's threads. Defend him if you like, maybe after you click his profile, then click "all posts started by..."
--problem with minor flooding is dampness
--camping with vietcong
--buying condoms to make hot chicks think he's 'getting some'...then throwing them away...
--he calls me a fool for not finding Jesus, then in his next breath he posts that he's said "screw it" and lost his faith
--5th wife?

Seriously people, I know his threads can become hijacked and actually become useful and provide information, but why humor him?
Good Find there firehiker:
guns-n-jesus
Biography
I am an internationally known wilderness survival expert, emergency room physician assistant, and speaker. I have entertained audiences from around the world with his fascinating presentations on life management and wilderness survival topics. My extensive experience in global survival and emergency medicine are key to my insightful, yet practical, approach to life situations. The results of my presentations are enlightening and offer the listeners surprising insight.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts

I couldn't agree more. this is no place to get yourself fixed and we are not that kind of support group. Personally I think it is BS. He says he has been married 3 times one place and then on a fourth and now it is 5 times. Get thet story straight.

If there are real mental health issues here, the guy needs to go to the professionals. People with Bipolar disorder or Borderline Personlity disorder or the like go from Meds, to sex, to drugs again, to religion to an extreme. It is always everyone elses fault. If that is what we are hearing then go get some help at the hospital. Go now. Stop the crazy posts.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Well you know, this could all be Guns n's fault but that isnt what I'm thinking about.
Might too might be he keeps marrying the same kind of gal..people do that.

Not picking on all the gals but American women have an awful habit of being lazy spoiled self centered and putting on some sort of phony act. Course they arent happy or satisfied or fulfilled and maybe half the time their act fools them too.

Nobody is gonna be happy in that deal.

After a good dose of a high maintenance Calif girl I was in Asia, and couldnt halp but notice that the gals all seemed to earnest, motivated and hard working. Family oriented too. Got to thinking i didnt need another dose of a gal like the last one.

Three years In the USA and she was making 60K plus. Twenty some years later now, I am satisfied I made a good choice. If all the (speaking of the spoiled selfish lazy ones) American women had to compete one to one with Asian women they'd be mighty lonely.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts