Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
This is encouraging, but two things. First, split 5-4; Trump becoming president in 2016 brought Gorsuch and Kavanaugh... Hillary wins, it'd be 5-4 liberal and Ruth Bader Ginsburg could have resigned only to have a late 40s/early 50s-year-old liberal judge replacing her.

Conservatives dodged a bullet in 2016.

Second, I am focused on two major cases for which SCOTUS is expected to rule no later than June: New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. City of New York, which some gun law experts say could have a less than narrow ruling which could affect carry laws at the state level. I'd love to hear what those familiar with the law and with gun laws re: carry on this forum would say as to what we may expect from SCOTUS.

And, of course, I'm waiting to hear on DACA. I expect SCOTUS to side with President Trump and to end it once and for all. On a personal level I can empathize with millennial illegal aliens who didn't know they came to the U.S. when they were 1, 2, or 3 years old and their parents hid their status until they become legally adults. On the other, Barack Obama created this mess; he said it wouldn't be an amnesty, and he did this to pander to the left. He violated the Constitution even as he taught constitutional law.

President Trump, as a candidate, swore he'd revoke DACA on the first day on the job. He didn't. But even if he did, liberal courts (9th Circuit, the most liberal court in America whose judges legislate from the bench, would've been first in line) would have issued injunctions. Now with SCOTUS, if SCOTUS rules to end DACA, those courts won't be able to overrule the ruling.

Again, folks: if Hillary had defeated Trump, DACA may well have been signed into law, thus further diluting the privilege of living in the U.S. legally. Anyone who complains about Trump's errors and shortcomings needs to remember that as disappointing as President Trump has been at times, he's learning on the job, and that it would have been far worse under a Hillary presidency.

·
Indefatigable
20,126 Posts
When do we start holding the people who HIRE illegals AND supply the fraudulent paperwork themselves responsible?

·
Paramedic and ΜΟΛΩΝ &#923
3,053 Posts
https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/19pdf/17-834_k53l.pdf

SCOTUS rules illegal aliens that fraudulently provide information to employers for work-authorization purposes can be prosecuted for state law violations.

So far most of what is coming out of the SCOTUS this term has been good.
This is how it should be. Sad it had to make it to the highest court to have that happen.

Jojo asks a good question when do the companies that hire the illegals get held to account?

·
Live Free or Die
3,863 Posts
When do we start holding the people who HIRE illegals AND supply the fraudulent paperwork themselves responsible?
We absolutely should. There should be hugely punitive fines and jail time for companies and individuals who knowingly hire illegals, rent to illegals, and provide financial services to illegals. Hospitals should not be required to treat illegals who cannot pay, but should be allowed to if they so choose.

·
Indefatigable
20,126 Posts

·
Indefatigable
20,126 Posts
I want the same thing. As an employer, we check every new hire through e-verify. Even if he sounds like a ******* and I know his mother. I say $100k per violation.
I will see that and raise it 5 years minimum prision time for the FIRST offense. Money means nothing to these people.

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,479 Posts
That's 11 down and thousands more to go.

It's hard to go after all the employers because, in some situations, such as farm and ranch labor, we need the Mexican workers.

What we really need, and no one is talking about, is a viable guest worker program specifically focused on industries that need Mexican labor. We had a program that worked from WWII until 1964 when the Democrats axed it due to union pressure.

Bracero program

This was a program that worked well for both Mexican workers and US farmers. I learned about it while working with some old-time ranchers.

·
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12
20,304 Posts
When the damn government builds the wall and makes illegals coming here a thing of the past - removing any need for such paperwork!

I swear, this Liberal idea of beat up business for government's failure is IDIOTIC in the extreme.

14,455 Posts
When the damn government builds the wall and makes illegals coming here a thing of the past - removing any need for such paperwork!
There are legal resident aliens within the United States, not authorized to be employed, but are in fact working. Such individuals are here on a diplomatic, tourist, education, et al, visa.

I swear, this Liberal idea of beat up business for government's failure is IDIOTIC in the extreme.
I am hardly a liberal, but how is it not a business' fault for knowingly hiring a person not authorized to be employed by said business? Its not as if the businesses don't have the tools made available to them to assure such.

·
Weed 'em and reap
30,610 Posts
We absolutely should. There should be hugely punitive fines and jail time for companies and individuals who knowingly hire illegals, rent to illegals, and provide financial services to illegals. Hospitals should not be required to treat illegals who cannot pay, but should be allowed to if they so choose.
Why? It's not their job, especially if government actively encourages illegals to come here and/or provide sanctuary.

·
Weed 'em and reap
30,610 Posts
There are legal resident aliens within the United States, not authorized to be employed, but are in fact working. Such individuals are here on a diplomatic, tourist, education, et al, visa.

I am hardly a liberal, but how is it not a business' fault for knowingly hiring a person not authorized to be employed by said business? Its not as if the businesses don't have the tools made available to them to assure such.
Why should a business be encumbered so? Any two persons are meant to have full latitude to contract for any lawful purpose. Why should a business be responsible, at their expense or liability, to enforce a law that even the government won't?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts