1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
that's like, your opinion
17,821 Posts
ive had the carbine with faux suppressor for a 3 or so years now... actually my favorite pcc (also have kel tec sub2k, beretta cx4, and a gsg5)... accurate, fast shooting, easy controls, really simple maintenance... fun little gun, and i have put probably 3 cases through it.

i put a yeti works mag release and grip on there before magpul came out with their accessories, so i might eventually swap them out as well. cz mags are cost effective and i got a butt load of them when i first bought, so probably wont switch. i do want a magpul zhukov stock (the original leaves a bit to be desired).

if i needed a 'take to war pcc' its between the scorpion and the beretta cx4 (which has a nice sidearm companion in the fs92)

·
Threepin'
4,031 Posts
Just ordered a scorpion pistol with a SBA3 brace. Just wondering if anyone has ever dealt with modern warriors? or own a Scorpion. Cant wait to get it.
I know its pricey but I really wanted one. Also I see there is a lot of options for mags, What mags would you go with for it?

https://modernwarriors.com/product/...icro-k-conversion-kit-sb-tactical-sba3-brace/
Modify message

I like mine. It’s a fun little gun. Serves a role. Factory mags and Magpul mags are good for it. All cheap.

Only real complaint about the gun is the trigger is horrendous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ROCK6

·
Knowledge is Power
4,557 Posts
I have one dedicated as the go-to home defense gun. Mine is the Evo S3 with whichever brace is the side folding one. I don't remember the name of it. I swapped the pistol grip for a more ergonomic one, added a lighter trigger spring kit, a magpul AFG, and a streamlight TLR1-HL.

Handy little gun.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Welcome back USMC! Haven't seen you post in a while and was wondering how you were doing. How are those Glock Magpul mags still running?

Sorry for the derail. Nice weapon but too pricey to me.

·
Knowledge is Power
4,557 Posts
Thanks dude.

I JUST wore them out and relegated them to dryfire usage only last week. 40k rounds +/- through 5 mags.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Mine started off as a Gen1 pistol and it's slowly been modified. As mentioned the stock trigger does suck, but you can get some pretty decent upgrades. I recently made my standard EVO into a Micro/K model with HB-Industrie's kit:

They're a little clunky compared to other "pistols", but they are pretty darn reliable. I've had zero issues. As mentioned, they serve a role, at least they do for me. They don't replace a concealable handgun or a rifle, but they do offer a lot of advantages in-between. They are much more compact and maneuverable than even an AR pistol. They will suppress better than compact rifle-caliber pistols. While they are a pistol caliber, they're still pretty effective and much easier to put more rounds on target at longer distances (out to 100 meters) much more accurately than a handgun. I can carry the Scorpion-K in a very small shoulder bag with 350 rounds that is much smaller than an AR15 pistol.

With brace folded, it's extremely compact and works well if you're actually "working" as opposed to slinging a rifle, and it is much more capable than just a conventional handgun. Additionally, as a home-defense weapon, it still provides enough platform space for a good light/laser and optic, and a sling offers more versatility.

These "pistols" aren't for everyone and the prices (especially when you start upgrading and modifying!) can be a little shocking when you consider it's just a pistol caliber, but they do fill certain niches. I know these are basically semi-auto submachine guns, and their purpose has been proven over the a few wars. Ironically, if I can ever get a Timney or Geissele trigger upgrade, I probably will. While binary triggers are fun, a quality trigger (I have a Timney in my MPX-K) is extremely fast on drills and putting multiple rounds on target very accurately.

Now, I screwed up, and I have an SBTEVO folding brace that I bought and haven't used, so I'll need to pick up another Scorpion so I can use it:D:

ROCK6

·
Registered
433 Posts
Mine was a lot of fun. There's a role to be played for it somewhere between my full sized pistols and my 10.3" AR... I just never found it. I'm not a fan of the "gun in a backpack" thing, personally, so I ended up offloading it to pay for other ventures.

If you can find a role for it, it won't let you down.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Mine was a lot of fun. There's a role to be played for it somewhere between my full sized pistols and my 10.3" AR... I just never found it. I'm not a fan of the "gun in a backpack" thing, personally, so I ended up offloading it to pay for other ventures.

If you can find a role for it, it won't let you down.
I fully agree and some just don't have the need which I can understand. My first "need" was working in Kansas where I had to have something discreet and if forced on foot, I wanted it "concealed". The issue was that some of the distances for potential engagements were beyond what I could do with a handgun and (at the time) a rifle just wasn't feasible. I endued up with a Kel-Tec SUB2K folded up in a laptop looking bag with a half dozen magazines. I was extremely accurate out to 125 meters or so, but I could carry it over the should in town and not get a second look.

I think it's hard to argue against this new genre of "pistols with braces", especially AR or AK variants. I still find some the more compact pistol-caliber versions still provide me an option in that very narrow niche.

Circa 2005:

Circa 2019:

ROCK6

·
Registered
433 Posts
As a guy who CCW's a P365 and had an aimpoint on his CZ... I like your taste!

Yeah I realized that the main advantage to be gained from a PCC is how well you can shoot it. A 50m shot with a Scorpion is a MUCH easier task than a 50m shot with my Glock 17. You're not going to gain much, if anything, in ballistics as the barrel lengths are so similar. What you're gaining is the ability to shoulder and the manual of arms.

And that's a big advantage! For me, my environment necessitated quick access. Thugs in the town I work in are ambush predators, and so I knew that even if I was diligent in my situational awareness, a self defense scenario likely wouldn't afford me the ability to recognize my threat before my threat was upon me. And for that reason, the "gun in a bag" solution became untenable.

For those who CAN use a gun in a bag, a Scorpion is a great choice. And as I said, a fun range gun to boot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts