Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally get my seeds in the small packs for 3/$1.00 at the local fred's. I got there early enough this year to get extra of radish, corn, lettuce, califlour, and hot pappers.

I stopped at the local feed store that was going out of business last weekend and got a packet of carrots, 2 of corn and 1 of beans and 1 of cantaloupe. each cost $1. the lady filled the packets almost FULL! I was astounded.

Anyways, today i went back to look around as most everything was gone. I noticed a few CANS of seed in a box. I asked her about them and she said they were also being sold. I asked the price and she said $4 each! I almost freaked!

Well, all she had was sweet bannanna peppers, one newly opened watermelon, yellow squash and zucinni. I bought 'em! see pics below. They are 1 POUND containers. Squash is hard to find here in seed most of the time anyways.

Note the PRICE on these in the pic! These are going into the long term storage seed stash, I will vac seal most of the water melons along with extras from last week and what I got extra at Fred's. Since I plant the basics as it were, all I need now are tomatos and some onion & garlic.

Sorry for the long post!

Drumhead Number Circle Metal Label

Banana Plant Banana family

Buddha's hand Banana Yellow Banana family Pickling

Zucchini Cucumis Vegetable Cucumber Plant

Reactions: Hazeleyes and zbx

·
myheart'sinthehighlands
726 Posts
Great Score! Seeds are as good as gold! :thumb:
If you have any "Mom & Pop" garden & Hardware stores near you, some have seed where you can buy it by the pound or the scoop. Its much cheaper than the packs. A dollar's worth of a prepackaged seed is miniscule compared to a dollars worth of the seed by the scoop or pound.
My husband came home with little brown paper sacks ( as big as your fist) full of veggie seed for about the same price as the packs.

·
Stargazer Extraordinaire
1,061 Posts
I normally get my seeds in the small packs for 3/$1.00 at the local fred's. I got there early enough this year to get extra of radish, corn, lettuce, califlour, and hot pappers.

I stopped at the local feed store that was going out of business last weekend and got a packet of carrots, 2 of corn and 1 of beans and 1 of cantaloupe. each cost $1. the lady filled the packets almost FULL! I was astounded.

Anyways, today i went back to look around as most everything was gone. I noticed a few CANS of seed in a box. I asked her about them and she said they were also being sold. I asked the price and she said $4 each! I almost freaked!

Well, all she had was sweet bannanna peppers, one newly opened watermelon, yellow squash and zucinni. I bought 'em! see pics below. They are 1 POUND containers. Squash is hard to find here in seed most of the time anyways.

Note the PRICE on these in the pic! These are going into the long term storage seed stash, I will vac seal most of the water melons along with extras from last week and what I got extra at Fred's. Since I plant the basics as it were, all I need now are tomatos and some onion & garlic.

Sorry for the long post!

View attachment 12776

View attachment 12777

View attachment 12778

View attachment 12779
If you think that is a long post you haven't read some of mine !

Good score on the seed.

Rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts