Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Odd Wanderer
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had eye surgery when I was 5 years old and it messed up my depth perception and makes aiming pretty difficult, especially with pistols. So with that in mind, does anyone have any suggestions on what I should use to assist with longer range (more than 30-50 ft) pistol shots. I'm not going for competition or 100 yard, but I would like to be able to go out 2-300 ft and still be able to hit my mark.

I've read that scopes aren't that great because of the jitter, I'm leaning toward a green laser, aside from the fact that I would be relying on batteries, is there any down side to the laser?

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Won't work. Most lasers can't be seen during the day under the normal sunlight. They work better under artificial light and at night. It's also like drawing a line to your target. The green ones are more visible but a good one is spendy and not always compatible to a handgun. The Trijicon RMR Dual Illumination will help and it doesn't use batteries. They run about $400-$500 and can be mounted on most firearms. They also make other models with smaller dots but they use batteries.

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product1.php?id=RMR

1 - 2 of 2 Posts