Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all. just got looking at the scope on my 10/22 and noticed the lenses quite dirty with dust and fingerprints. just wondering how yall clean your scope lenses. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I use the same materials I've used for cleaning the lenses on my cameras, since film is few and far between with the advent of digital, I have all of the caretaking gear still available.
I use lens tissue, cleaning solution made for coated lenses and a camel's hair brush. I'll occasionally use the aforementioned lens cleaning cloth, most of those are quite good for removing light dirtiness.
Don't let it build up over time so that cleaning requires copious quantities of "elbow grease" and a scouring pad. Check often and clean when necessary, even a light cleaning will prevent having to get nasty with it.

·
Preparing since 1972
5,612 Posts
As stated above do not over clean IMO......IF in a dusty area when i get back to my cabin i use an air compressor with blow gun to blow out the dirt...Then with the "special micro rag" i very lightly wipe it clear.Sometimes i very lightly spray the lense with eye glass cleaner....Keep the lens caps on till right before using....

·
Premium Member
68,758 Posts
I use lens cloth and lens solution like you'd use for your glasses or camera lenses. You can get a cheap set in Walmart by the cameras. They also have a little brush with a squeeze bulb in the end that lets you blow dust off without scratching.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.