Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.rt.com/usa/478274-fuel-boeing-elementary-school/

"Over two dozen, incl. children, injured after Boeing 777 dumps fuel on elementary school outside Los Angeles"

"Some 17 children and nine adults have been reported injured after a Boeing 777 returning to Los Angeles International Airport dropped fuel on two elementary schools.
The plane performed an emergency fuel dump after experiencing mechanical problems taking off from LAX."

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I reworded the title.
I read that they were injured, then saw the fuel dump from pretty high and nobody was transported to the hospital.

The only injury was making them go home early from school it seems.

·
Retired *****
18,242 Posts
Compressor stall on one of the TWO engines. Can't land with a full load of fuel which is why in other emergencies they fly around in circles to burn it off.

Maybe crashing a 777 into the Pacific ocean is preferable because dumping its kerosene load might sprinkle on some people.

Of course the loathsome media makes it sound like the thing was making a bombing run on the schools. Illegals hardest hit.

...an emergency landing dumped jet fuel on Tuesday afternoon, causing minor irritation ...
Screaming headline:

More than 50 people are treated for injuries after Delta Boeing 777 dumps jet fuel on California elementary schools ..

Gawd I hate the media. Hate it. :mad::mad::mad:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ps-jet-fuel-elementary-school-playground.html

====

After 4 pages of internet search the leading line was:

"children injured"
"plane dumps fuel on school"
"fuel dump over LA playground"
"dumps fuel on students"
"at least 40 injured"

[CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, NYTIMES, WAPO] "That dirty stinking evil Delta pilot TARGETED those poor, poor, hispanic school children (mostly because they are hispanic) with tons of deadly poison that caused "minor skin irritation", though none were hospitalized (we were hoping for at least some gruesome deaths to report) and it refused to go crash in the ocean and spare the poor, poor hispanic CHILDREN some minor skin irritation."

·
Over and Out
3,260 Posts
^ ..and - Of Course - it's OrangeManBaaad's fault cuz... He flew Delta, once.. :rolleyes:

..With ya on Ash the MSM, all the way, Sir.. :thumb:

jd

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,446 Posts
In the 1970s, I lived near O'Hare Airport. The car windows were always coated with an oily substance that people said was dumped jet fuel. I never heard of anyone who got sick from it.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Jp8 can cause an annoying rash if you're exposed to enough of it for a period of time.

Years ago I was crewing a Blackhawk that had an ESSS fuel tank malfunction while under pressure. I wound up covered in jp8 for about an hour and a half to two hours. Once the problem was corrected and I was able to remove my flight suit, I had a huge rash from the neck down. While it was very annoying, it only lasted about a day.

Here's a link with an image of what the rash looked like, except of course mine was over most of my body.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2729226/

Anyway, unless these kids soaked in the stuff I doubt they suffer any ill effects.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Jp8 can cause an annoying rash if you're exposed to enough of it for a period of time.

Years ago I was crewing a Blackhawk that had an ESSS fuel tank malfunction while under pressure. I wound up covered in jp8 for about an hour and a half to two hours. Once the problem was corrected and I was able to remove my flight suit, I had a huge rash from the neck down. While it was very annoying, it only lasted about a day.

Here's a link with an image of what the rash looked like, except of course mine was over most of my body.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2729226/

Anyway, unless these kids soaked in the stuff I doubt they suffer any ill effects.
Kids skins are thinner.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts