Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
left coast survivalist
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Well, my bank collapsed, and the whole country is on the verge of collapse. I've been browsing these forums for the last week, eversince I heard about the recent "bailout."
I'm so woefully unprepared, at least I have guns, and some ammo. Other than that, I can't sew, can, hunt, fish. Do I need to get a pencil cart ready? Or move to a shanty town named "Bushville?"

This is really distressing! :eek::xeye::mad:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Shawn is right. We are glad you are with us. Use the people here to help get ready for what may come. time is now. Get into the forums and find all the info you can. Your mind is your greatest asset. Buy extra food now. Buy what you eat. Look at options of places to go. Make friends on this site. These are good people here. We care about each other. We can disagree about things but still like each other and care about what happens to our friends. Ask some of my friends here. Take care and let us know what things we can help you with. Larry

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yup, just relax and start learnin' :) Head out and buy a sewing kit...learn to sew, you have time. Head to Federal Army & Navy Surplus on First St. and get some gear :)...Go to a pawn shop (or somewhere similar) and buy some .999 silver one oz coins (about $15 a piece). Ohh, yeah, and relax...take some time, make a list, prioritize what you want to get, and keep on workin' as hard as you can so that whatever happens, as long as they're running, your employer will want to keep you around.

--Wintermute

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
41,187 Posts
Howdy. Start selling the items you don't need and using the cash for food and necessities. You still have some time. You may even have more time than I may believe. Anyway, trust in God and don't panic. Keep a level head and use a little wisdom. Welcome to the forum. Thanks for joining.

Reactions: texjen

·
Banned
27,825 Posts
Chill out and start getting prepaired. Some people here are prepaired for WW3 others just stock up food for when they need it.

Me and the family are kind of over prepaired since we have a survival retreat that just about prepaired for anything from our survival retreat story pics and videos, but it took years tons of cash.

Just start reading and learning lie everyone has advised you. If you need a cheap ine on books let us now since we sell large packages on 1,600 survival/miitary manuals, 2,100 guns for $20 per disk. I am not going to add a link since i don't want this to be a plug, just trying to help people out that can't buy each of those manuals for $6 to $25 each.

Check out the videos that they have here you can learn a great deal from them.

Take care,
Wes

·
Registered
88 Posts
what are those immortal words?

ahhh yes, DON'T PANIC!

I do believe they're on some hitchhikers guide or something,

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
howdy,you cant stop what isnt your fault.....figure out were you are at....home,car,job,married,not married etc. then prep for your individual situation as best you can with what resources you have. IMO work should be at the top of the list.....this is about all anyone can do....

·
Displaced Texan
501 Posts
well, you're part-way there. The switch was flipped on inside your mind. That is the BIGGEST first step. All the rest takes intelligent choice, money (not a lot) and knowledge. Welcome aboard. This is a forum piled high with great info & even greater folks.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Inhale-exhale, relax. It ain't done yet. Now pray. Inventory your weapons, food and other supplies, refill them 5 gallon jugs of water and by all means cut off that television.
Welcome. Oh yeah, don't let your neighbors in on your secret.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Shawn is right. We are glad you are with us. Use the people here to help get ready for what may come. time is now. Get into the forums and find all the info you can. Your mind is your greatest asset. Buy extra food now. Buy what you eat. Look at options of places to go. Make friends on this site. These are good people here. We care about each other. We can disagree about things but still like each other and care about what happens to our friends. Ask some of my friends here. Take care and let us know what things we can help you with. Larry
What he said!! You don't have to re-invent the wheel here.

There is a complete set of instructions here from several sources depending on your income & what your looking for. Prioritize: Guns, ammo, water, food, shelter etc.

I am in the south sound area but most of the old timers here have figured the most economic ways to get & store your foods. Where to get cheap pails, mylar bags etc.

i.e. Red Mill is in Portland & in one trip, you can buy almost all the basic stock to fill an emergency pantry . You can get everything from oatmeal, to different kinds of wheats berries to cornmeal. All flours, cornmeal ground fresh etc. small or big bags 80lbs. etc.

Buy what you eat. Buy some G.O.O.D. freeze dried foods for quick, light weight, BOB kits.

Just remember you eat an elephant with one bite at a time.

No, its never to late to start to prepare.
Go to the gun show in Puyallup(Oct 2nd week end). This is a one stop shopping destination for most of us preparers. There is everything there from MRE's, great back packs to all sorts of camping gear, best deals on ammo & guns etc.:thumb:

·
bad grammar deal with it
452 Posts
i think first off you need to have a smoke or whatever you do to calm down. i started not so long ago myself and the task does seem daunting but then you think of alot of things you already know that in your panic you forgot about. this site has tons upon tons of great info. ask lots of questions, dont be afraid to use the search feature and youll be well on your way.

·
left coast survivalist
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello all,
Well, I'm not a total basket case. I am a hiker/backpacker, so I have stoves, fuel, sleeping bag, water filter, ect all those things.
I get the picture that most of us are not going to be Jeremiah Johnsons and go live in the wilderness while the country falls apart around us.
My work is doing good, knock on wood. I'm also keeping some cash on hand, and keeping my gas tank as full as possible, in case I need to go somewhere for awhile. The worst case scenario I can think of is having to live in a tent city somwhere. Ugh.

That's all I can think of to do right now.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hello all,
Well, I'm not a total basket case. I am a hiker/backpacker, so I have stoves, fuel, sleeping bag, water filter, ect all those things.
I get the picture that most of us are not going to be Jeremiah Johnsons and go live in the wilderness while the country falls apart around us.
My work is doing good, knock on wood. I'm also keeping some cash on hand, and keeping my gas tank as full as possible, in case I need to go somewhere for awhile. The worst case scenario I can think of is having to live in a tent city somwhere. Ugh.

That's all I can think of to do right now.
Well at least you have some things that will be useful and it sounds like some skills as well. Most americans don't and when the collapse comes they will go completely nuts.

·
Banned
7 Posts
good too see another Pac Northwesterner, dont get upset get excited! Get down to Costco start getting some supplies and water and start stock piling, new hobby! start learning to sew, hunt, read up on it all, only way to get prepared is to start!!! good luck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts