Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a guy at work who is selling the rifle pictured below. Sorry his pics aren't that good.

I will be picking it up (hopefully) this afternoon when we agree on a price.

What would be a good price to start negotiating at?

Also, how is the recoil as compared to a Enfield in .308?

Not a big bolt action fan, but if the price is right.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info!

MVC-002F.JPG

MVC-003F.JPG

MVC-004F.JPG

MVC-005F.JPG

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guess no one has ever dealt with one. i checked gunbroker and they were running 250-400 depending on scope, condition.

well I picked it up this evening...paid $75 for it, so I think I got a really good deal. thought about trading it for a lever 30-30.

·
Registered
308 Posts
From what I can see it looks like a run of the mill basic Savage 110, that being said, the highest I'd go would be $275. I bought my Savage 111 synthetic stock in .270 Winchester from ****'s Sporting Goods last summer brand new for $315, and that included a Simmons 3-9X40 scope and a sling. If he wants more than $275, take a pass on it, you can get better deals than that. Savage rifles are GREAT rifles though, and you absolutely cannot beat them for the $, they usually shoot better than other rifles costing hundreds more. Also, don't let him tell you about how much the Tasco scope he has on it cost, they're super cheap and have NO resale value at all. As for recoil, the -06 has a good bit more recoil than a .308, but if you are used to a .308 or a shotgun then it won't be bad at all, and if you don't like the recoil, the new design recoil pads are amazing, they can REALLY take the pain out of shooting hard recoiling rifles. Hope I wasn't too late, lol.

·
Registered
308 Posts
$75?, thats a HELLUVA deal, good buy, you'll like this rifle. I'd take a Savage bolt action -06 over a .30-30 ANYDAY, but its all personal preferance. Go shoot it at some paper before you decide to trade it, I think those 1/2 in. groups you'll get will change your mind:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts