Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Banned
1,207 Posts
It gets worse, I just ate an avocado from Mexico and wash it down with apple juice from China and Argentina. The US is no longer food independent.

Here are some links since you guys will not believe me!

I can't confirm it yet but I think my TV is from South Korea!

· D. Gibbons is a bad man
7,929 Posts
Didn’t see this anywhere here, but apparently Saudi Arabia owns the largest oil refinery in Texas. Since 2017.

So much for all their claims of energy independence and Texas owns Texas….

And because you guys want links:

The Saudis are awash with cash and there isn't a lot of domestic opportunities so why not snap up a refinery in Texas.

· Registered
980 Posts
nomadsurfer,

So your link takes us to a google search page that list wikipedia as a result and listing a company called Motiva which is owned by Saudi Aramco.
Motiva owns a refinery in Port Arthur Texas.
Annual revenue for Motiva as cited on the wikipedia page is $500 Million.

Last year annual oil production in Texas was just shy of 1.5 BILLION barrels of oil.
Last year the annual average price of West Texas Intermediate crude oil was $68.
The value of the crude oil produced in Texas for last year was $102 BILLION.

Therefore, Motiva’s total annual revenue is only 00.4% (less than a half a percent) of the value of Texas oil production.

Saudi Arabia does NOT own Texas oil.

The title & premise of your post is BULL****.

· Registered
793 Posts

· Registered
506 Posts
I hear they have a corner on the sand market too.
That reminded me of my first trip to Saudi many years back. We were headed into work driving by the port facility and there was this massive pile of sand in the port storage area. It was a different color of sand which piqued my curiosity. I asked my co-worker about it and interestingly they imported sand for construction. A lot of the sand in Saudi is fine like talcum powder and not good for some types of concrete. Go figure, a country full of sand and they have to import sand.

· Registered
211 Posts
Didn’t see this anywhere here, but apparently Saudi Arabia owns the largest oil refinery in Texas. Since 2017.

We can only blame representation in Washington and their handlers. If it does not make money they sell it to a foreign country.

· Indefatigable
23,887 Posts
We can only blame representation in Washington and their handlers. If it does not make money they sell it to a foreign country.
Did I miss something? Did the government own the refinery in question?
Seems to me your anger should be directed to the Texan who actually sold it to them.

1,895 Posts
I hear they have a corner on the sand market too.
That reminded me of my first trip to Saudi many years back. We were headed into work driving by the port facility and there was this massive pile of sand in the port storage area. It was a different color of sand which piqued my curiosity. I asked my co-worker about it and interestingly they imported sand for construction. A lot of the sand in Saudi is fine like talcum powder and not good for some types of concrete. Go figure, a country full of sand and they have to import sand.
A lot of their dust blows over to Djibouti across the Red Sea. When I was over there, we’d get “double storms” where the dust from Saudi would blow across the channel, make a big dusty mess, and in the middle of it a rain storm would blow in from somewhere (the sand made it too dark to see where the clouds came from) and it would start raining mud.

Yeah, I don’t miss that.

· Registered
5,184 Posts

Nomad,

If in the US national interest, the Treasury Dept can be directed to nullify the foreign ownership.

20,449 Posts
1989: Saudi Refining, Inc. purchased 50% of the Port Arthur refinery from Texaco to form a joint venture with Texaco called Star Enterprise.
2001: Texaco purchased by Chevron.
2002: Chevron's interest sold to Shell. The new joint venture was called Motiva Enterprises LLC.
2017: Saudi Refining, Inc., buys out Shell's interest in the Port Arthur refinery. The basis being that the joint venture unraveled after a multi-billion dollar facility expansion, operating cost increases, and the 2015 United Steelworkers strike damaged corporate relations between the Saudi Refining and Shell. Saudi Refining, Inc. retains the Motiva Enterprises LLC name.
Today: Over five years later, nothing has changed.

ETA: The Port Arthur refinery isn't the largest refinery in Texas, but in all of North America.

· Registered
731 Posts
It gets worse, I just ate an avocado from Mexico and wash it down with apple juice from China and Argentina. The US is no longer food independent.

Here are some links since you guys will not believe me!

I can't confirm it yet but I think my TV is from South Korea!
To my knowledge their is not an American made TV on the market.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts