Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,760 Posts
I might have to get me an iphone just for that!:thumb:
You can get the booklet for 10 bucks and that one's EMP proof and doesn't need recharging. Just saying.

I'm all for it and I would totally have this app if I had (the dough for) an Iphone. But buying an Iphone just for that, nah that's overdoing it.

·
Minimal worry.
221 Posts
You can get the booklet for 10 bucks and that one's EMP proof and doesn't need recharging. Just saying.

I'm all for it and I would totally have this app if I had (the dough for) an Iphone. But buying an Iphone just for that, nah that's overdoing it.

Its just a hyperbole actually

·
Registered
516 Posts

Or you can get it free online and print out a copy and spend that 10 bucks on a couple cans of spam.

·
Registered
80 Posts
midwayusa.com has the pocket edition for 6.99. I just threw one in with my order about a week ago. Looks like they're on back order now though.

·
Non semper erit aestas.
3,918 Posts
I bought it last night. I have an edition of the book (as well as the urban one) at home, but this is more handy to carry with me. We also have a mini-version of the book which is meant to be in someone's BOB. But I thought this app would be handy to have.

I had fun playing with the Morse code flasher in my dark room last night :D.

·
Non semper erit aestas.
3,918 Posts
I've got an I-phone and I'll have that app shortly. :)
Any other survival apps that you all know about?
Thanks.
I've got "Survival Pocket Ref" by Double Dog Studios. It is an app of the DOD publication "Survival, Evasion, and Recovery." I think it is pretty good, actually.

It cost me £0.59 which I think might mean it will be 99cents in the US.

To find others just type in "survival" in the apps store and see what comes up and looks good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was just checking a uk site and saw that they have a lite version of the SAS survival guide. Only the basics but its FREE :D:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sas-survival-guide-lite/id363710835?mt=8#

SAS Survival Lite is the FREE version of the complete SAS Survival Guide, available now in the app store. Based on the million-copy bestselling book, this fantastic free app provides you with a bare bones guide to wilderness survival. Jam-packed with basic survival tools, you'll be equipped for any expedition to the outdoors with this entry-level guide in your arsenal.

For over twenty years, the SAS Survival Guide has been the definitive guide to surviving any situation, anywhere in the world. Now, for the first time ever, the bestselling book has been reinvented for the iPhone.

Written by former SAS soldier and instructor, John "Lofty" Wiseman, this application brings you the elite training techniques of Britain’s toughest fighting force in the most accessible version ever. Now you can take the world-class survival skills of the SAS with you anywhere in the world – from the peaks of Kilimanjaro to the deserts of Kandahar…or to your closest national park.

The Lite App Contains:
• Basic survival information including: building fires, finding water, navigating by the stars, survival kit, signals and codes
• Photo galleries of cloud spotting, night sky navigation, and more
• Video of Lofty Wiseman demonstrating knife skills
• 100+ question quiz to test if you've got what it takes to survive
• Survival checklist to help you prepare for trips
• Search the app by keyword for quick reference

1 - 13 of 13 Posts