Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sarah Palin has told more lies in the past three weeks than many politicians tell during an entire career. If a person's character counts, which in my view it should for people in public office, then Palin is clearly a deeply dishonest person and is unfit for office.

Below are 12 lies that she has told since being nominated. They are lies--specific statements she has made which are contrary to documented facts--they aren't just mis-statements, or slips of the tongue--they are lies. Follow the link for the specific evidence for each lie.

- She has lied about the Bridge To Nowhere. She ran for office favoring it, wore a sweatshirt defending it, and only gave it up when the federal congress, Senator McCain in particular, went ballistic. She kept the money anyway and favors funding Don Young's Way, at twice the cost of the original bridge.

- She has lied about her firing of the town librarian and police chief of Wasilla, Alaska.

- She has lied about pressure on Alaska's public safety commissioner to fire her ex-brother-in-law.

- She has lied about her previous statements on climate change.

- She has lied about Alaska's contribution to America's oil and gas production.

- She has lied about when she asked her daughters for their permission for her to run for vice-president.

- She has lied about the actual progress in constructing a natural gas pipeline from Alaska.

- She has lied about Obama's position on habeas corpus.

- She has lied about her alleged tolerance of homosexuality.

- She has lied about the use or non-use of a TelePrompter at the St Paul convention.

- She has lied about her alleged pay-cut as mayor of Wasilla.

- She has lied about what Alaska's state scientists concluded about the health of the polar bear population in Alaska.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/09/the-twelve-odd.html#more

HippieSurvivalist

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Getting desperate, I see. Hmmm.... the health of polar bears is significant to a presidential race. Yep, that's desperation all right. I find that very encouraging. The more petty and strident you get the more sure I am McCain will win. So, keep up the good belittling work. We need more of it.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
don't forget she stole money in the form of lying about per diem. she claimed travel expenses while staying home.

By James V. Grimaldi and Karl Vick
Washington Post Staff Writers
Tuesday, September 9, 2008; Page A01

ANCHORAGE, Sept. 8 -- Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has billed taxpayers for 312 nights spent in her own home during her first 19 months in office, charging a "per diem" allowance intended to cover meals and incidental expenses while traveling on state business.
The governor also has charged the state for travel expenses to take her children on official out-of-town missions. And her husband, Todd, has billed the state for expenses and a daily allowance for trips he makes on official business for his wife.

Palin, who earns $125,000 a year, claimed and received $16,951 as her allowance, which officials say was permitted because her official "duty station" is Juneau, according to an analysis of her travel documents by The Washington Post.

The governor's daughters and husband charged the state $43,490 to travel, and many of the trips were between their house in Wasilla and Juneau, the capital city 600 miles away, the documents show.

Gubernatorial spokeswoman Sharon Leighow said Monday that Palin's expenses are not unusual and that, under state policy, the first family could have claimed per diem expenses for each child taken on official business but has not done so.

Before she became the Republican Party's vice presidential nominee, Palin was little known outside Alaska. Now, with the campaign emphasizing her executive experience, her record as mayor of Wasilla, as a state oil-and-gas commissioner and as governor is receiving intense scrutiny.
ad_icon

During her speech at the Republican National Convention last week, Palin cast herself as a crusader for fiscal rectitude as Alaska's governor. She noted that she sold a state-owned plane used by the former governor. "While I was at it, I got rid of a few things in the governor's office that I didn't believe our citizens should have to pay for," she said to loud applause.

Speaking from Palin's Anchorage office, Leighow said Palin dealt with the plane and also trimmed other expenses, including forgoing a chef in the governor's mansion because she preferred to cook for her family. The first family's travel is an expected part of the job, she said.

"As a matter of protocol, the governor and the first family are expected to attend community events across the state," she said. "It's absolutely reasonable that the first family participates in community events."

The state finance director, Kim Garnero, said Alaska law exempts the governor's office from elaborate travel regulations. Said Leighow: "The governor is entitled to a per diem, and she claims it."

The popular governor collected the per diem allowance from April 22, four days after the birth of her fifth child, until June 3, when she flew to Juneau for two days. Palin moved her family to the capital during the legislative session last year, but prefers to stay in Wasilla and drive 45 miles to Anchorage to a state office building where she conducts most of her business, aides have said.

Palin rarely sought reimbursement for meals while staying in Anchorage or Wasilla, the reports show.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/08/AR2008090803088.html?hpid=topnews

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
If this is all you can drag up I think Palin will be fine. As I stated before " America will fall in love"
yeah who cares if she leaves wasilla 20 million in debt. that's the status quo with the right wing. start a war, then borrow money instead of paying for it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I find almost all of the insults flung from the left towards palin are ridiculous, it's almost like they are throwing anything they can in hopes that something will stick. But if you mention any of Obamasamessiahs MANY political faults they all whine like babies about it.

·
PPG flyer
2,789 Posts
So all politicians lie,and are parasitic slime balls.
except Ron Paul!

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Sarah Palin has told more lies in the past three weeks than many politicians tell during an entire career. If a person's character counts, which in my view it should for people in public office, then Palin is clearly a deeply dishonest person and is unfit for office.

Below are 12 lies that she has told since being nominated. They are lies--specific statements she has made which are contrary to documented facts--they aren't just mis-statements, or slips of the tongue--they are lies. Follow the link for the specific evidence for each lie.

- She has lied about the Bridge To Nowhere. She ran for office favoring it, wore a sweatshirt defending it, and only gave it up when the federal congress, Senator McCain in particular, went ballistic. She kept the money anyway and favors funding Don Young's Way, at twice the cost of the original bridge.

- She has lied about her firing of the town librarian and police chief of Wasilla, Alaska.

- She has lied about pressure on Alaska's public safety commissioner to fire her ex-brother-in-law.

- She has lied about her previous statements on climate change.

- She has lied about Alaska's contribution to America's oil and gas production.

- She has lied about when she asked her daughters for their permission for her to run for vice-president.

- She has lied about the actual progress in constructing a natural gas pipeline from Alaska.

- She has lied about Obama's position on habeas corpus.

- She has lied about her alleged tolerance of homosexuality.

- She has lied about the use or non-use of a TelePrompter at the St Paul convention.

- She has lied about her alleged pay-cut as mayor of Wasilla.

- She has lied about what Alaska's state scientists concluded about the health of the polar bear population in Alaska.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/09/the-twelve-odd.html#more

HippieSurvivalist
even if what your saying was true how does that make her unfit?? sounds like she is a normal politican, most ALL are professional liars.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I don't care if it is the POPE himself, or if Jesus Christ was running for office, someone, or some group, would find them unfit, and morally bankrupt!
You show me ONE PERSON who doesn't lie,stretch the truth, or fudge the truth to make themselves look better, or to stay out of trouble. Especially a Politican or Lawyer!
Palins problem is that shes a female, good looking, ambitious, and stole someone else's thunder! Now it is payback time, by any measure...so let's dig up all the dirt we can find to get her. And if that isn't enough, we'll invent some more...
This nation is full of homophobic idiots, racists, and lairs! It is full of women haters, who can't stand to see them assend the corporate ladder to levels of power and influence...
It is full of immature men, who can't be self assured hetro-sexual men because they are afraid of there own competence as men...thus the metro-sexual!
Obama is just as much of a rotten liar just as any other Political Rat-Bastard is that shares his egotistical manical ambitions...Not a single one of them is worth a damn, and sure as hell cannot be trusted! Why anyone still thinks that the American political system stills works, is beyond me?
American culture is akin to a garbage can full of writhing (lying) maggots...it is time to toss a can of gasoline into it, and set it on fire! Burn, Baby Burn!

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
So who are the non- liars?
Clinton--- dont have enough time to even start this one
Kerry----- i was in Cambodia on christmas
Wrangle---i didnt know that was income
Al Gore ---no controlling legal authority
Klinton----i was under sniper fire
Obama ---although i was in the pews for 20 years i never heard sermons like that
Bush I---- read my lips
Bush II --- **** -- pick one

"there are liars- damned liars and then there are politicians" Will Rodgers

a pox on both your lyin, theivin, corrupt, liberty grabbing, over spending, houses

1 - 20 of 132 Posts