Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe if people didnt run red lights those cameras wouldnt be needed in the first place.
Oh, I know...those awful red-light-runners. We ALL need to be placed under surveillance. There's some folks who beat their kids, we need cameras in our homes too. Cameras in the bathroom for all those idiots who sit on the toilet sideways. Some people commit crime with guns...better get rid of those nasty things.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Screw that!

To hell with covering them with boxes, light those cameras up with Thermite, melts through steel.

DOWN WITH THE POLICE STATE!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Most camera CCD's can be destroyed with a fairly high watt argon or green wave length laser as can most sensors on automatic lights .....I'm just saying.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Screw that!

To hell with covering them with boxes, light those cameras up with Thermite, melts through steel.

DOWN WITH THE POLICE STATE!
Thermite melts steel? Thermite doesn't really exist. It's only a figment of the imagination to those who believe it was used in the WTC towers on 9/11, and created "pools of molten lava" that melted concrete and steel. Ppssh!

Why such hostility to a surveillance society? Don't you care about our children? You're obviously a HORRIBLE HATEFUL person.

[/sarcasm]

·
PPG flyer
2,789 Posts
Maybe if people didnt run red lights those cameras wouldnt be needed in the first place.
OH yes! yes yes we need more cameras,and everywhere.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Oh yeah, lets just run around like chickens without our heads and smash into one another in intersections!!! YEA BABY!!!

I'm just saying, traffic lights are there for a reason, and if less people ran red lights, red light cameras wouldnt be needed.

Sometimes, a little order is a good thing.....sheesh....

·
Registered
54 Posts
I read an article that in some citys the red light cameras are working so well the city is removing them due to decreased revenue. People know where the lights are on their normal routes and make sure not to run those red lights. Of course the incidents of rear-ending from people slamming on their brakes at a red light has probably gone up 10-fold!

·
woefully unprepared
1,489 Posts
First, let it be said that these cameras can cause more accidents than they prevent. That is a major issue. Second is the recent "pimping" incedents, where cars license plates are spoofed and the unwitting party is sent a citation. Third, I just plain don't like them. They leave out the human touch, which can take contributing factors into consideration. Was it snowy or icy? Was there an emergency vehicle that was approaching from behind? Was the car "boxed in", and forced to procede through? I'm sure there are dozens of other situations that, while not technically legal, would end with a written or verbal warning from an officer. Police state cheerleaders should want an officer anyway. This is just an opportunity for him/her to make a "contact" for their quota, and possibly interdict some narcotics or midget kidnappers. Oh, and then there's the deal of a third party making money, thus having an incentive to issue as many tix as possible; including tickets that are not valid. The drivers only recourse is to show up in court, probably at the expense of their job, only to receive the same outcome. Flawed system, plain as that.

Perfect solution: Dismantle all the cams in the US and install them in CA. Then we can tax you, esp while your currency is strong.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Red light cameras are good except sometimes people get tickets for a mistake made by the car infront of them, such as a car turning left with no turn signal, stops and waits in intersection, My favorite is the idiot who walks across on a Red light so the cars in the intersection has to stop etc.

As Hotprepper has said people have spoofed others and cost them money, plus the companies that used to monitor the cameras (Stockton,Ca) were sending out bogus tickets, so they would get a percentage of the money.

PrairieGirl: I'm just saying, traffic lights are there for a reason, and if less people ran red lights, red light cameras wouldnt be needed.

Your right some areas has problems and they need cameras, However if the Gov decides to put cameras on every corner (Many roads/intersections have cameras already) that would be Ok or on the other side. What happens when the gov decides that for your safety your home should have a camera inside. just incase you do something illegal or unsafe so the police would have film of the act and mail you a ticket or arrest you. All in the name of safety.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I got a ticket from one of thouse stubid lights was funny i stoped on the line flash was like what the hell a 3 months later get a ticket in the mail was like thats odd... I get them to send me a picture and im laughting my ass off was me sitting at the light looking like what the hell just happend because its a bright flash.. I phone them up and they threw it out because it was a faulty camera

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh yeah, lets just run around like chickens without our heads and smash into one another in intersections!!! YEA BABY!!!
This is what TRAFFIC LIGHTS are there for.

I'm just saying, traffic lights are there for a reason, and if less people ran red lights, red light cameras wouldnt be needed.
UNBELIEVABLE to me what people will swallow. Cameras are NOT "needed". At all.
Will they reduce accidents? No.
The whole ploy behind red light cameras is REVENUE. Period.

·
*** Forgives, I don't
1,369 Posts
Thermite melts steel? Thermite doesn't really exist. It's only a figment of the imagination to those who believe it was used in the WTC towers on 9/11, and created "pools of molten lava" that melted concrete and steel. Ppssh!

Why such hostility to a surveillance society? Don't you care about our children? You're obviously a HORRIBLE HATEFUL person.

[/sarcasm]
Just for the record, thermite grenades do exist, or did in the early '70's. We used them in 'Nam.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fun fun fun...

-Cade
It's weird....I responded to ridge (telling him I was just being sarcastic), and it threw my reply on page 1.

We'll see where it puts my reply this time...

I was just being sarcastic...I know full well thermite exists.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts