Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Crusty Old B*stard
1,007 Posts
I am a native Californian, and I spent the first 30 years of my life in the Bay Area (minus time in the Navy). It used to be a terrific place to live and work, but San Francisco is nothing more than a sewer with cable cars now. I will never go back.

A relative who still lives there thinks the state is trying to attract as many people as they can, including illegals and homeless bums, to be "counted" in the 2020 census, giving California more seats in the House and more electoral votes.

It may have once been my home, but now I'm rooting for the San Andreas Fault.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Until 2015, San Francisco was part of my work-related territory. Since I was a kid, San Fran was one of my favorite cities to visit so this was a perk I enjoyed.

The last time I was there, I ate some great food and that was the bright spot. The rest of the time, my coworkers and I dealt with various homeless people, blight and mess. It's a shame, but maybe someday they'll figure things out there.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
18,952 Posts
It was a hellhole when we left 20 years ago. I can only imagine what it's like now. One thing that sticks out, all the rats running wild in a vacant lot near a bus stop. Huge rats.

Reactions: Observer and stroo

·
Semper Fi
11,263 Posts
It was a hellhole when we left 20 years ago. I can only imagine what it's like now. One thing that sticks out, all the rats running wild in a vacant lot near a bus stop. Huge rats.
The rats are enjoying the squalor. Not just in SF but also down in Los Angeles...which is why there is now a Typhus outbreak in the State.

Reactions: stroo

·
Banned
9,921 Posts
Well, the only time I was in San Fransisco I ended up walking 10 blocks through the tenderloin district at midnight because my flight was delayed and I missed he bus.

I've also been to Sierra Leone, this was a picture of the slum where I set up an impromptu children clinic.

But yeah, I prefer Sierra Leone to San Fransisco.

·
Semper Fi
11,263 Posts
I bet the person who owns that home in the background isn't too thrilled about the dignity camp in their backyard. Good luck selling that place.
I don't think that is a home. With all the chainlink fence and open space it looks like more of a city park area.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
There are parts of San Fran that are nice, not that I would want to live in San Fran or California for that matter. The homeless issue is just a problem big cities have and the bigger they are the more homeless there is. I dont think its a Democrat or republican issues. Big cities just attract homeless.

My next place to visit is LA

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.