Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Upcoming Trip to San Diego . . . Recommendations?

I'm going to San Diego to a convention for the first time in a few weeks.

My experience in the past with conventions in big cities have been hit or miss. Does anyone have recent knowledge of the area around the convention center at San Diego? Is it safe at night? I'll be staying on the bay near the airport, then commuting (? taxi, mass transit ?) to the convention center.

Any/all recommendations about things to eat/do/see appreciated. :D:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, guys!

Never heard of Carne asada fries, but I just found some pics on Google; mmmmm, looks like I'll have to partake of that local delicacy. I'm on my way now to look up "Albertos."

Anybody have info on best way to get around town? I'll need to get from hotel on bay near airport to convention center (and pubs in gaslight district).

·
Registered
123 Posts

Never heard of Carne asada fries, but I just found some pics on Google; mmmmm, looks like I'll have to partake of that local delicacy. I'm on my way now to look up "Albertos."

Anybody have info on best way to get around town? I'll need to get from hotel on bay near airport to convention center (and pubs in gaslight district).
When you get here you'll have so many cab services in all the spots you are staying and going to that transport won't be a problem. No cab company here really takes a shine to any of their drivers going around the block a couple of times just to hike up their rate too, since most out of towners would be the young military guys. There are also plenty of good places with competitive prices where you can just rent your own vehicle. Have a good one here, the weather, food, and family are the only things that keep me tied here.:D:

·
RESET CONGRESS!!
9,462 Posts
Usually, conventions will provide bus service to surrounding hotels. Last time I did a show in San Diego, we took taxis and took turns picking up the fare. Check with the convention folks to see if they run buses. The downside, you may have to wait a while to catch a bus, then put up with all the intermediate hotel stops, but it's free. Or,.. used to be.

·
Remember The Alamo
4,570 Posts
I'm going to San Diego to a convention for the first time in a few weeks.

My experience in the past with conventions in big cities have been hit or miss. Does anyone have recent knowledge of the area around the convention center at San Diego? Is it safe at night? I'll be staying on the bay near the airport, then commuting (? taxi, mass transit ?) to the convention center.

Any/all recommendations about things to eat/do/see appreciated. :D:

Others may disagree but after being mugged once, I have taken the postion that everybody I see is the enemy and trying to hurt me.
I watch them accordingly & am always armed be it gun or expandable baton depending on the law of the land.
I have not been robbed since.

·
Registered
7,138 Posts

albertos i do not think has a website. the one i have found wasnt the same that i know of and havent looked for a couple years. anyway recommendations of albertos's carna asada burrito, 3 rolled tacos half guac half sour, you cannot go wrong. lived on this jr sr year of high school.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts