Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Watch the movie Food, Inc. and learn where mass marketed beef comes from. It's disgusting. My local supplier, a small farm outside the city, doesn't have these kinds of problems. And I can trust them a lot more than I trust the small handful of beef factories in this country.

·
Internet as a BOL
614 Posts
Though I prefer a local butcher, I have always like Sam's meet over Food Lion and Walmart. I think the Sams truck stops there and then takes the left over to Walmart.

·
Registered
14 Posts
After watching food Inc I was disgusted. I did some research and found a local farm to buy Grassfed beef, pastured chicken etc. I actually spend less now since we rarely go into the big stores anymore and we are much healthier now.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,529 Posts
I buy most of my meat from Sam's. There just aren't many other options here. But I've had better luck with it than I have from Albertson's. Not only is their meat nearly twice the price, but I've gotten rotten meat from them more than once.

·
Deus exsisto laus
3,963 Posts
That movie " Food, Inc.," was instrumental in getting my family on board with raising our own chickens and a victory garden. TP

·
Registered
132 Posts
We have some friends that own a butcher shop that is no longer open to the public. All the equipment is still there and they butcher only for family and friends. We butcher deer, elk, and locally grown beef and pork. The freshness is much better than the store and the price is actually less. For anyone that is buying meat from a big box store I would suggest you check with a local butcher and even ask local ranchers where they have their own stuff butchered. The other option is to go to a local livestock auction and and ask around about butchering and buying there.

·
Registered
259 Posts
We have been buying our meats from local meat shop all farm raised. Grass fed corn fed beef not shot up with all that crap so the cows weigh more retain water. Pork and chicken fresh there also we quit getting from Wal- Mart, Sams, and other food chains, it may cost a bit more but it's better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts