Survivalist Forum banner

Sams Club BOB & Survival Food

7407 14
I was surfing across Sam's Club website. I was surprised to find they are selling a BOB (roughly $100)

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=19177

and they are also selling emergency food supplies

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/category.jsp?categoryId=1340121&navAction=jump

Hope these links work. Anway... is this new for Sams?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
69,133 Posts
I can't get the link to the BOB to work, but I'm sure not impressed with their emergency food offering. I think they're trying to follow Costco on that. I've never seen a premade BOB that was worth it's price though.

· Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm definately not advocating buying the pre-packaged food from Sams -- more than anything, I find it interesting that the major retailers are recognizing the desire for such preps from a growing segment of the population.

· Registered
194 Posts
sams

You swipe your membership card with all your info on it when you pay.Kroger does the same thing thats why you get coupons in the mail for specific items you may buy.
The big box stores became interested in long term food storage after the Katrina mess.

· Registered
1,352 Posts
Tracking is why I never register the buyer cards with the stores. Still get the discount, but not the hassle and tracking. They still haven't taken my cards away.

As for Costco, everything I do on that account is "business" related since I have a biz account. We'll see how far that goes if the gov starts looking at databases.

· Registered
1,352 Posts
They're saying a bit of both.

The rations here will only work for you, if you literally sit and do nothing all day during whatever is happening. If you move around, need to work, etc, they aren't worth it due to calories. Sure, if you're like me and have a little insulation on ya, it's not horrible, but after about 2-3 weeks, these just aren't going to cut it. These rations are typically setup with the amount of calories diet food has...

In a situation where you're working hard physically, you're going to want more than 2000 calories a day, or more - it's an arguable subject depending on how much physical labor you're doing.

· Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is a list contents in the Sam's BOB:

Be prepared for anything with Ready America's 3-day Deluxe Emergency Kit
Pack includes sufficient life saving supplies and more for family of four
Unique to the kit are an Emergency Power Station, 10 yards of duct tape and multifunction pocket tool with pliers
Kit also contains US Coast Guard approved food and water (5-year shelf life) for four people
Power station is a four-function hand-crank unit that features a flashlight, AM/FM radio, cell phone charger and personal alarm
US Coast Guard approved food and water (5-year shelf life) for four people
4 survival blankets
4 ponchos
First aid kit (107 piece)
Leather work gloves
4 goggles
4 NIOSH N-95 dust masks
Multifunction tool with pliers
12-hour emergency snaplights
Emergency Power Station
Emergency whistle
Emergency communication plan
Duct tape - 10 yards
Bio hazard bags

· Old Soldier
5,880 Posts
I believe that after Katrina FEMA has the power to confiscate food from people that have more than three days worth.
I do not use the so-called "reward cards" and pay cash for all our food, long term and day to day use.
I love my country, but I do not trust the government.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.