Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
13,259 Posts
Jesus had some strong words for the scribes and Pharisees of the day,
righteous in their religion, hypocrites in their lifestyle.
God is merciful to sinners, though He does not condone their rebellion, which will be answered for on that day.
Who can say, whether a man will change his heart while living, having been given the opportunity to do so?
Praying for people that are a problem does far more good than gossip. But God does not force people to change, though He might help with the circumstances troubling you, or offer you the opportunity to mature a bit.
Jesus said that we should be ready to forgive, God’s forgiveness in your life is contingent on this .
I can understand the Salvation Army stand in this matter, I help people regardless of their station in life, and encourage folks into a deeper walk with God. Because one seeking this deeper walk is going to find God’s instruction and help making them a better person in His sight.

·
Retired curmudgeon
21,215 Posts
IMHO, black folks are every bit as racist as whites, it's just not talked about!
It's not allowed to be talked about. I went the the salvation army website and it is filled with woke SJW, all White people are racist and need to atone for the sin of being White BS. It's all there if anybody cares to look.

I give money to veterans charities (VFW, DAV) and that's it. I used to give surplus items to the Deseret Industries until covid hit and they required an appointment... Now it goes in the trash.

·
Retired curmudgeon
21,215 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
There is something about them implying Christians aren't Christian enough and must realize the error of their ways. I understand what they mean, but where does it stop? When are Christians 'cleansed' enough to be considered Christian? Are they now implying they are fit to judge strangers?

This is a massive stumbling block for Christians.

Somewhere in what I read of their new statement, it says something like 'diversity is God's plan for mankind'.
I get the gist of that, but some things canNOT be tolerated in God's plan. Diversity is good, but advocating for the destruction of the western culture family unit is NOT. Else why would God have formed us a male and female?

Anyway, I put money in the kettle just the other day at Hobby Lobby. Chatted with the guy manning the kettle for a minute. He seemed a nice guy.

I'm sorry to say for now, I can't in good conscience donate any more.
No, not Christians. WHITE Christians. They can't seem to find any flaws with Non-White Christians.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Either way you look at it, I worked for them for 20 some odd years. The short version is that most of your donation dollars are wasted on stuff you probably wouldn't approve of anyway.

Any large organization is wasteful. Do your research and give more local, just like you should support the local guy shopping.
Large "charities" such as the Red Cross also have CEOs who make $1M+ /yr salaries, which creates its own set of conflicts.

These fat cat CEOs are keen to hang on to their bloated salaries, so when the Federal Goon Squad comes along as says "They Shalt be Woke", the greedy worms say "Yes Sir, errr, Ma'am, errr, Yes Master" without hesitation.

·
I Seen A Sighting!
3,612 Posts
Think about this.. Christians believe we are as God made us. He 'knit us together in our mothers wombs.

So how can I, as a white person, be declared basically null and void simply by virtue of the way God made me?

Most Christians, and many people, understand this concept. That God created us ALL in His image. He is ALL, thus we are many different appearances.

I'll posit this thought..... it is NOT the race, nor ethnicity we hate.

It is the BEHAVIOR.

God punishes for behavior. He doesn't hate because of race. He is 'no respecter' of men.

But He DOES chastise because of offensive,, deviant behavior.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Large "charities" such as the Red Cross also have CEOs who make $1M+ /yr salaries, which creates its own set of conflicts.

These fat cat CEOs are keen to hang on to their bloated salaries, so when the Federal Goon Squad comes along as says "They Shalt be Woke", the greedy worms say "Yes Sir, errr, Ma'am, errr, Yes Master" without hesitation.
Yeah, that is one of the issues

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I have been a long time supporter of Salvation Army. Looking at the Salvation Army web site,:There is a letter which sets the record straight. This appears to confirm the long time Salvation Army goals and policy, without change to a "woke" policy, or demand to follow Critical Race Theory. There appears to be a significant amount of misinformation and damaging rumors.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
To make it easier to understand the Salvation Army's position, I am quoting directly from the article I linked to above:

"Though we remain committed to serving everyone in need—regardless of their beliefs, their backgrounds, or their lifestyle—recently some individuals and groups have attempted to mislabel our organization to serve their own agenda(s). They have made outrageous claims that we believe our donors should apologize for their own racism, that The Salvation Army believes America is an inherently racist society, and that our organization has abandoned its beliefs for one ideology or another. In fact, an online petition is asking supporters to “stand against the insertion of politically charged racial ideologies into The Salvation Army’s good work.”
Those claims are false, and they distort the very goal of our work."

41 - 60 of 60 Posts