Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
"TURGID FLUX"
7,326 Posts
Face it, there is no end of new surplus stuff being donated.

Disposing of my deceased Mom's estate, I had to take a $4500 designer couch to the dump in the middle of a lightning storm because it wasn't perfect enough to donate to any charities.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
We all need to look at the national charity groups and see where the money goes. It may surprise us. And you may not like what you see. Donate locally or to a national agency you vetted. Pay attention. All agencies aren't great ones. Just saying...
We need to research on who and how much gets paid and what percentage goes to helping the poor.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Our local Humane Society opened a thrift store selling all kinds of stuff. I love dogs so I always try to do stuff the help them out. This year, my Mom in Law passed away. Neat very old lady. My Wife was her Executor. She gave certain family members certain stuff and the rest, I hauled off to the Humane Society Thrift Store. Did I mention that the neat very old lady was a rich old lady who had nice stuff? The very first thing I took to them, was a humongous Grand Father clock. ...the big kind that sound like a whole set of church bells going off! Then all kinds of up to date computer equipment, desks, monitors, something called a "layup printer"..three of those, regular printers, etc. The old lady was also a techno freak! And all kinds of what I figured were antiques. Probably four truck loads of brand new sealed crafts type stuff.

The manager came out and thanked me in person. I thought that was pretty decent. Check your area for animal rescue sites. Many of them have thrift stores. Help a homeless animal.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think the headlines are a bit over the top, what else is new. But the facts when you get past the click bait headlines are juts as bad.

Here is what I found:

The Salvation Army’s Alexandria-based leadership has created an “International Social Justice Commission” which has developed and released a “resource” to educate its white donors, volunteers and employees called Let’s Talk about Racism. It asserts Christianity is institutionally racist, calling for white Christians to repent and offer “a sincere apology” to blacks for being “antagonistic.. to black people or the culture, values and interests of the black community.”

Salvation Army Wants White Donors to Offer "Sincere Apology" for Their Racism

And this is the "Lets Talk about Racism document:

Let's Talk About Racism

There are whole sections on how to stop denying that white people are racist and how to repent. It is absolutely damning about this whole organization.

And I didn't bother to post the other salvation army documents since they are all about this woke crap.

So no, they may not demand an apology when you put the dollar in the bucket. But this is where they are going and they have the foot on the excelerator.

I have given my last dollar to this woke bunch.
IMHO, black folks are every bit as racist as whites, it's just not talked about!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Years ago I took a 20 something white man to a drug rehab facility in NM. He went willingly. I have supported them off and on ever since. Even LGBT's have a soul that needs saving. I know personally of men and women that have been redeemed from that lifestyle choice.

Frank

·
Registered
738 Posts
Never a dime more.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Unfortunately there are facts. If the SA believes that "even in our Christian schools of thought and methodology, and have led to slavery" then the SA is ignoring the fact that the Jews were in slavery more than one thousand years before Christ was born.

Does the SA understand who the major slave trader were and where the word slavery comes from?

I guess I should have led with the thought that if that Document is truly a Salvation Army document then the Salvation Army is truly lost. It appears that it is a SA document to me but I am not an expert or know enough about the SA. I hope there will be more proof to solidify my belief that it is a real SA document.

·
The Black Death
1,159 Posts
Years ago I took a 20 something white man to a drug rehab facility in NM. He went willingly. I have supported them off and on ever since. Even LGBT's have a soul that needs saving. I know personally of men and women that have been redeemed from that lifestyle choice.

Frank
I used to hang out with Chinese mafia members known as the Triad in the Bay Area. They just happened to "run" the place where I liked to be, but that didn't drive me out. They never touched me. In turn I took a few of them out to my van and asked them to receive Jesus Christ as their saviour. I quit doing that not long after. I was attending a Christian Church 1x a day on Saturday, 2x a day on Sunday, and I was leery of ending up in a trunk of a stolen car.

LGBTQ+, murderers, pimps, thieves, drug addicts can only be saved if they accept Jesus as their saviour, stop doing what they are doing and repent.

I'm certainly no better than anyone else. There was a Jesus Christ and I hope that he is there for me in the end.

·
Yup
935 Posts
There is one other aspect to consider. The salvation Army even if the article is true does a lot of great work. Probably one of the more honest charities. And there really isn't that many that I trust.

·
Registered
198 Posts
FWIW, I read the article at Central Nova News and forwarded the link to family members to see what they think before you posted. I went to the links they gave in the article and did not find the quoted words/text. It is hard to search some pdfs, so I actually had to read their trollup.

Here is what I think. Maybe the text is in there somewhere, I just did not see it. Almost ALL Christian orgs are going to have the same feel about them. I do not agree with Salvation Army statements in those documents that an article produced by a church with all white photos is a bad thing.

The way that I see it, Europe and all white majority countries are being invaded. Take from that what you will, but once we are a minority things are going to change tremendously, and I am sure that we and our grandchildren will not be too happy.

Maybe I should not give to them. I rarely give more than $10US anyway, but I get the point of the article. Maybe they do not deserve our support at all.

I did a quick internet search using the following terms "salvation army and critical race theory" a ton of stuff came up including articles from newsweek and the Washington times. Here is the Newsweek article if you are interested Salvation Army's donors withdraw support in response to racial "wokeness" initiative

·
I Seen A Sighting!
3,612 Posts
There is something about them implying Christians aren't Christian enough and must realize the error of their ways. I understand what they mean, but where does it stop? When are Christians 'cleansed' enough to be considered Christian? Are they now implying they are fit to judge strangers?

This is a massive stumbling block for Christians.

Somewhere in what I read of their new statement, it says something like 'diversity is God's plan for mankind'.
I get the gist of that, but some things canNOT be tolerated in God's plan. Diversity is good, but advocating for the destruction of the western culture family unit is NOT. Else why would God have formed us a male and female?

Anyway, I put money in the kettle just the other day at Hobby Lobby. Chatted with the guy manning the kettle for a minute. He seemed a nice guy.

I'm sorry to say for now, I can't in good conscience donate any more.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Interesting video. Right now Whites are around 55% of the USA and I do not see things getting better over the next 50 years.
Well WE breed responsibly and are NOT paid to dump more welfare kids for the bigger EBT $$$$.
70% unwed births from a failed culture has consequences.
Too bad we're paying for the consequences.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
17,768 Posts
IMHO, black folks are every bit as racist as whites, it's just not talked about!
My inlaws being a classic example. They loathed me and detested the fact my husband and I adored each other. They did everything possible to sabotage his recovery after the accident when I refused to place him in a nursing home. But they couldn't wait to contact me after his death to request a death certificate so they could cash in on an old life insurance policy my MIL had taken out for his burial. As it is my Dad paid for the cremation which they also hated...Cut off contact now that he's dead and I don't miss them.

Yet one of my good friends is black and he has gone over and beyond to help me out since Ron died.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
17,768 Posts
Maz, the Christian singer Toby Mac has done some very apologetic, pandering, songs including "I'm sorry" about white entitlement etc. It really puts me off the rest of his music. You can embrace diversity without apologizing for something you never did. I mean, I did serious caregiving for a black man for 29 years when all his own kind wanted to do was shove him in a hole. I've NOTHING to be sorry for.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts