Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hurricane Katrina I went through my closet and pulled out some clothes I hadn't worn in a while and didn't expect to wear again. They were and decent shape so I took them to my local SA where I was told they were only accepting Katrina donation that were new. I haven't given to them since.

This just adds to the reasons not to support them.
Salvation Army goes woke, demands donors 'apologize' for their whiteness

·
The Black Death
1,170 Posts
FWIW, I read the article at Central Nova News and forwarded the link to family members to see what they think before you posted. I went to the links they gave in the article and did not find the quoted words/text. It is hard to search some pdfs, so I actually had to read their trollup.

Here is what I think. Maybe the text is in there somewhere, I just did not see it. Almost ALL Christian orgs are going to have the same feel about them. I do not agree with Salvation Army statements in those documents that an article produced by a church with all white photos is a bad thing.

The way that I see it, Europe and all white majority countries are being invaded. Take from that what you will, but once we are a minority things are going to change tremendously, and I am sure that we and our grandchildren will not be too happy.

Maybe I should not give to them. I rarely give more than $10US anyway, but I get the point of the article. Maybe they do not deserve our support at all.

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
I guess I just won't donate to them. We donate to Goodwill but I don't really like them, so we also donate to a local chruch that does food and clothing for locals. We also donate women and kid things to a great women' shelter I worked with as a Community Police Officer. I collect old cell phones for them also. They trade them for prepaid phones for the women. Then I also do donations for vet organizations. The smaller donation places are the best. The huge ones are more about the money they make, IMO.

·
Gumpherhooberpelt
5,671 Posts
Don't fall for agitation propaganda. Go check the references. Most likely, they're bogus. Attacking Salvation Army is a "soft target". . . ideal for Leftist liars.

·
The Black Death
1,170 Posts
What a load of BS.

Yeah, I'll donate elsewhere. Like to one of my local churches, thanks.
In DeMolay we took food to people's homes every Thanksgiving and Christmas.

One year I was really feeling it, having landed in Chicago and I walked around and gave around $3,500 in cash to homeless people. Would I do it again? NO. But at the time I could not deal with the number of homeless people in Chicago.

·
Bugged out already
4,584 Posts
We just dropped some stuff off the other day. They just said thank you. Not sure where it is they are making you apologize for anything.
I think the headlines are a bit over the top, what else is new. But the facts when you get past the click bait headlines are juts as bad.

Here is what I found:

The Salvation Army’s Alexandria-based leadership has created an “International Social Justice Commission” which has developed and released a “resource” to educate its white donors, volunteers and employees called Let’s Talk about Racism. It asserts Christianity is institutionally racist, calling for white Christians to repent and offer “a sincere apology” to blacks for being “antagonistic.. to black people or the culture, values and interests of the black community.”

Salvation Army Wants White Donors to Offer "Sincere Apology" for Their Racism

And this is the "Lets Talk about Racism document:

Let's Talk About Racism

There are whole sections on how to stop denying that white people are racist and how to repent. It is absolutely damning about this whole organization.

And I didn't bother to post the other salvation army documents since they are all about this woke crap.

So no, they may not demand an apology when you put the dollar in the bucket. But this is where they are going and they have the foot on the excelerator.

I have given my last dollar to this woke bunch.

·
Registered
529 Posts
After hurricane Katrina I went through my closet and pulled out some clothes I hadn't worn in a while and didn't expect to wear again. They were and decent shape so I took them to my local SA where I was told they were only accepting Katrina donation that were new. I haven't given to them since.

This just adds to the reasons not to support them.
Salvation Army goes woke, demands donors 'apologize' for their whiteness
There's nothing wrong with being white the world's gone mental

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
We all need to look at the national charity groups and see where the money goes. It may surprise us. And you may not like what you see. Donate locally or to a national agency you vetted. Pay attention. All agencies aren't great ones. Just saying...

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
17,779 Posts
Oh no. They were one of my peeps. Always stuck some money in the kettle.

I did stop donating when they made me wait 3 weeks after I called, then came out, sneered at what I had, said "We don't want the books", took the "good stuff" and left me with the rest. I called Purple Heart Veterans and they came out in 2 days, very grateful, took everything and left me a nice note on the door.

My faith is very important to me, especially now. I only donate to charities that share my faith.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited by Moderator)
We all need to look at the national charity groups and see where the money goes. It may surprise us. And you may not like what you see. Donate locally or to a national agency you vetted. Pay attention. All agencies aren't great ones. Just saying...
If you donate to BLM the money goes for housing like big ******g mansions.

·
Bugged out already
4,584 Posts
Gents...... It's B.S................
Are you claiming this document is fake?

Let's Talk About Racism

I think this thread has already established that the click bait headline is misleading, so this is now about the facts of this document.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts