Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm visiting my gf's family and saw one of these for 340 new at a pawn shop. I went ahead and picked it up. Good deal or about average price?

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Not bad all thins considered, now buy the parts and convert it to an AK.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's brand new never been fired so its the sporter from the box. I was in the market for an sks but couldnt find one under 400. I saw a WASR for 480 but it had some rusting by the mag connection so I went for the saiga for 340.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
I'd gladly give you a WASAR 10 for it!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Saiga rifles are some of the best AK variants. They're new, chrome barrelled, easily adaptable to AK form, and come in many calibers. Once you convert them, the trigger is tight and all the sloppyness goes away. I use either Century or Tapco trigger groups on mine.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
I converted a x39 Saiga a couple years ago, then got another from a buddy that I'd talked into getting one, but wasn't feeling the love ( His loss,I STOLE it for $200 !!! :D:).
I decided to keep this one stock, as it has no evil pistol grip or folding/telescoping stock, or 30/40+ round mag capacity. A future AW ban has been weighing on my mind, especially since the election (coronation? ascendancy?) I figure, in it's virgin carbine configuration, it may slide under the radar of any upcoming bans, yet I'd still have a rifle with AK reliability and lethality that I won't need to bury !!! YMMV.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
I converted a x39 Saiga a couple years ago, then got another from a buddy that I'd talked into getting one, but wasn't feeling the love ( His loss,I STOLE it for $200 !!! :D:).
I decided to keep this one stock, as it has no evil pistol grip or folding/telescoping stock, or 30/40+ round mag capacity. A future AW ban has been weighing on my mind, especially since the election (coronation? ascendancy?) I figure, in it's virgin carbine configuration, it may slide under the radar of any upcoming bans, yet I'd still have a rifle with AK reliability and lethality that I won't need to bury !!! YMMV.
they have saiga list as 1 of the weapons to be baned sorry.

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
I believe it grandfathers existing assualt weapons. You may want to convert it before it becomes illegal to do so.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts