Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've dug through about 200 of the 600 "Saiga 308" threads and cannot find the answer to this issue. After firing 15 rounds of .308 winchester through this thing the trigger stopped resetting. Also after the last round is fired the bolt will not lock back. Other than sending this rifle back what can I do to fix these two issues...? :confused:

Thanks for the advise in advance!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Can't speak for the .308, but on my x39 Saiga their is no bolt lock back after you have expelled the last round. As for the trigger, CONVERT! The Saiga stock trigger is like a rube-golburg device. Spend the bread on a Tapco G2 trigger group and convert the 308 to pistol grip (move the FCG forward, etc.). You'll then have a darn fine rifle! Also go to saiga-12.com.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

I really like my Saiga 301-1. It looks like a regular semi-automatic hunting rifle. Not exactly mall ninja/tacticool but at the range today I ripped the center out of the "Q" target at 25 yards (yea I know it is only 75 feet but the long range was taken by the SWAT guys.)

I really don't want to add the pistol grip and I have trepidations about doing any "conversion" to a gun I may have to use for self defense. Plus I am a klutz when it comes to mechanical things... kind o' Fat Finger Syndrome. If there was a video that I could watch a few times then I would feel more comfortable doing a trigger swap. And yes, TXsurvivor, the stock trigger does looks cheap and cheesy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.