Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Gettin' there
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right forum.
Oh my. I just got a look at the Saiga 12. Wow. I'm not a gun (weapon) person but doesn't that thing look juicy?

I've looked at all 3 above and was wondering who thinks what is the best. I can see the minimum I'll pay is $550.00
Will take some time to save for it. But wow. Anyone here have any of these and able to share your experience?
I read on another thread in the prepardness section that a member just ordered a 12. Nice!

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
If Obama wins all guns will be banned. If Dems retain controll of the House and Senat after the election and Obamas elected it would not surprise me if guns were confinscated

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
I've been looking for Saiga 12 high and low and nobody has one in the Denver area. I've been to three gun shows between the end of last August and last week end and nobody has one. I've seen them as low as $425.00 online but that was some place in Georgia and the cost of shipping and FFL transfer charges the cost would easily surpass $550.00. So, I'll keep looking. As for the choice between a 12, 20, or 410...there isn't one...I'd get a 12 without blinking an eye. But that's just me.

Reactions: 1eaglescout

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
The 12 has the power you'll want from a shotgun. Magazines are easier to find too.

I love mine. It'll unload 10 rounds in about 2 seconds. Great for zombies.

Where the heck did you find yours? You would think that I could find one here in the Denver area but no go. I went to a popular gun store recently (Green Mountain in Lakewood) and they hadn't even heard of it. They even looked in their huge gun catalog and it wasn't even listed. ????????

·
Registered
95 Posts
The 12. Bigger boom, more after market neat stuff, and cheaper ammo. I have been looking for one too, but they keep going up in price everytime I happen across one.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
12 gauge only. As mentioned above you will need mags and 12 gauge has widest variety of ammo. Stock up now. Just bought 1000 rounds of 22LR today.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
The 12. As far as shotguns go, its the only way to travel IMHO. The 20 is a nice "novice" gauge but lacks the power of the 12 and the 410 {shells that is} are EXPENSIVE and has even less power.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
12ga is a no brainer. Get the drums. at least two and possibly more if the budget is there. Get several different types of rounds if your state allows: Flame thrower, flash Bang,flare and bean bag and others rubber ball loads as well as the main stockpile of slugs and buck.

Show some brass ones at the counter and be solid when you stock up to protect your own, but be judicious with force, and use the flares,flame thrower, and specialty ammo for the best advantage.

·
Banned
653 Posts
12ga is a no brainer. Get the drums. at least two and possibly more if the budget is there. Get several different types of rounds if your state allows: Flame thrower, flash Bang(concussion grenades), and bean bag and others rubber ball loads as well as the main stockpile of slugs and buck.

Show some brass ones at the counter and be solid when you stock up to protect your own, but be judicious with force, and use the flares,flame thrower, and specialty ammo for the best advantage.
A lot of that specialty ammo won't cycle a Saiga 12, especially the lower powered stuff like flares....

I'm picking up my Saiga 12 tomorrow. Got the 19in barrel and I'm gonna convert it back to the AK style.

Picking up 6 10rd mags and have 2 drums on order.

A tactical model Saiga 12 w/ 10rd mags or a drum is the urban warfare weapon from hell....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Where the heck did you find yours? You would think that I could find one here in the Denver area but no go. I went to a popular gun store recently (Green Mountain in Lakewood) and they hadn't even heard of it. They even looked in their huge gun catalog and it wasn't even listed. ????????

I couldn't find one local. I used peach state guns online. Good people, quick shipping, and found a local ffl for $15.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I have a winchester 20ga and I like the round but I do like 12ga. I would really like to add a saiga to my collection but I cant right now and I need to stock up on ammo.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Bought a saiga 410 when they first hit the market many years ago...$149. best rabbit/squirrel gun I ever bought. Wish they had made the 12 back then. Maybe omambo will keep them around long enough for me to get one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts