Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FOX ON THE RUN
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there even a safe way to store extra gas in a truck? I can go about 340 mi on a full tank but I wouldn't mind having a little extra. Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S. I usually fill my tank up every other day (gf says I'm paranoid) (takes about 6 bucks that way). But I wouldn't mind having a few extra gallons never the less.

·
Mad Trapper II
1,157 Posts
I think you may have to ground the spare tanks with a trailing wire; trailing as in touching the pavement. I've never done it before though so I'm not exactly sure about it. I don't know if one end has to actually be in the tank or if it just has to be touching the tank.

Another issue is vapor build-up. Pop the back of the truck bed open before you manipulate the jerry cans and let the vapors escape. Give it a few minutes open like that before you jump in.

And, finally, pack those tanks in the truck bed good. Do not them get loose.

I'm sure you already know to always place a jerry can on the ground while you are filling it. I hope this has been helpful.

·
PreparationInBubbaNation
2,503 Posts
Yes, store the fuel in the gas tank, gas up often. Never get below 3/4, install a larger tank thatn the factory.

Tractor Supply Company and Farm Coops sell auxiliary tanks for farming vehicles. Many of them have hoses for filling up other vehicles that will reach the trucks gas tank just as easily. These tanks go in hte bed behind the cab and look like a metal toolbox

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.