Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be taking a break from the Non-Religious Discussion threads for a time. I've been recently scolded by a couple of members for being too harsh on many of you. Gosh...I feel so guilty for possibly harming you psychologically. As a result, I've decided to sit back and learn from those who clearly know better than I how to win you to Christ. I will be dropping in regularly just so that I can learn how better to be a soul winner. It will be a learning experience and fun besides.

Don't be too tough on them guys (and gals).

There hasn't been a single day for several months that I hadn't come in and given some of you a run for your money. I truly enjoy the mental excitement found here. Many of you have forced me to think and, hopefully, I've given some of you cause to consider your stance on various issues.

Hope my critics can keep up with the pace. We shall see.

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
Oh AJ, I was really happy to start reading your note. I enjoy hearing your opinions usually and have notices you not around. Then I got deaping into your post.

I've been recently scolded by a couple of members for being too harsh on many of you. Gosh...I feel so guilty for possibly harming you psychologically.
Oooo, you totally come off as an arrogant ass with this statement:( I don't think you are but man, you "feel so guilty for possibly harming" us. Come on man, your just a voice on the internet. Don't give yourself to much credit there.

That wasn't even that big of deal. Could have been meant in a funny way. But when you say....
As a result, I've decided to sit back and learn from those who clearly know better than I how to win you to Christ.
This is why Christians get a hard time man. SOOOOO arrogant. Why do you all always have to win us over? That tells us that you have no interest in learning or having an intelligent conversation about religioun. That tells us that when we are sharing our views, your are basically plugging your ears and going Lalalalaallaaaa. Yeh you may even be listenning, but you believe our beleifs are crap. You think you are right and that is that. People don't like people like that. They like people who are willing to learn and THINK about the world. Not those who think they have it all figured out and are trying to win us over. Not cool man. PLEASE stay away as long as you would like.

Christians (not all, but the ones like you based on this post) don't want to have religious discussions. In a discussion each side is willing to learn new ideas, talk about the why's and how's. They (ones like you, as you have just shown) want to give lectures on how right they are and wrong EVERYONE else is.

·
just doin my job..
421 Posts
kodie dont get too judgemental, as you say he may have meant it in a funny, or maybe not so funny but sarcastic/serious way. I know that everyone sees Christians as bible thumpers or that we are trying to convert you all but that really isnt what I aim for in discussion on anything biblical or elsewhere..

its especially hard over the internet to show just how much we are like you and love you.

AJ its probably a good idea to bow out for a break every once in awhile.. when defending something as important as "religion" it can be very hard.. no matter how hard you try to understand where others are coming from and shed some light on any topic it seems we must come over as people unwilling to hear opinions.. I'm bowing out for the most part too as I just cant seem to make everyone happy.. sad as its only been two days lol but I seem to be coming across as someone unwilling to learn and just an outright prick. but thats just how it looks I guess when you're not willing to bend the truth in order to make room for another persons belief

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
but thats just how it looks I guess when you're not willing to bend the truth in order to make room for another persons belief
Ahh, Such a nice post but again you could not end it without letting us know how unarguably right you are and the rest of us so wrong. I should say, how right you think you are.

·
just doin my job..
421 Posts
not the place or the time to discuss who's right or wrong. the way I see it, Im right.. correct. the way you see it.. Im wrong, correct? aslong as I have a say in what I put my faith in then I will believe what I wish. its kinda hard to have a personal belief with believing something isnt it..

·
Banned
9,294 Posts
From the guy whos says he "knows he knows nothing"...

Ahh, Such a nice post but again you could not end it without letting us know how unarguably right you are and the rest of us so wrong. I should say, how right you think you are.

I'll give you credit, at least you are honest about your ignorance!

AJ...be well my brother! PM me whenever you get a chance so we can discuss, as we always do, our differences...that we may learn together.

Don't be too concerned about those who feel threatened by truth...you can copy/paste the entire Bible and it still won't do any good unless they are willing to step out of their "comfort zone" once in a while.

Take a break...then come back with guns a blazin'! Be blessed my friend! May Yahshua strengthen you seven-fold!!!!!!!

Reactions: ActionJackson

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
I'm surprised you haven't taken a break sooner. I still haven't recovered from the nausea of the same three threads x100. I just don't have the stamina that you and some others have to beat these threads into the ground.

I'm actually afraid to even start a thought provoking thread in the religious discussion section as it would likely turn into another of the same tired old tug of war.

I've noticed many of the former iron man posters are running out of gas, and as for the Catholics (Firebird, Ted, Solidus...) I'm pretty sure that you and a few others had a lot to do with why I haven't heard a peep from them in ages.

Luckily for us all there are many other sections, like the preparedness section :thumb:.

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts
Empty Vessels

I'll give you credit, at least you are honest about your ignorance!

AJ...be well my brother! PM me whenever you get a chance so we can discuss, as we always do, our differences...that we may learn together.

Don't be too concerned about those who feel threatened by truth...you can copy/paste the entire Bible and it still won't do any good unless they are willing to step out of their "comfort zone" once in a while.

Take a break...then come back with guns a blazin'! Be blessed my friend! May Yahshua strengthen you seven-fold!!!!!!!
Yaaaaaaawwwn :sleep:

------------------------------------

Have a nice rest AJ. Catchya soon

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
I'll give you credit, at least you are honest about your ignorance
please, do explain. You don't even have an understanding of what I am saying. You just throw an insult out there because you almost had the natural desire to THINK! " Uuuhhh Uhhhhh Uhhhhh (oh my god I feel a thought forming in my head)...YOUR IGNORANT! There now I showed him" ...nice

Learn what? Jesus is the Savior and only son of God. Only through him can you enter heaven. What else is there? All wrapped up in a nice little package for you. Should we say a "comfortable" package. "comfort zone" sheeesh

you can copy/paste the entire Bible and it still won't do any good unless they are willing to step out of their "comfort zone" once in a while
That has to be a joke. We are the ones who step out of comfort zone every day to consider other possible truths. To admit we don't have all the answers. You guys are the ones locked in your beleive, in your comfort zone. "Through Jesus I will be saved, Through Jesus I will be saved,Through Jesus I will be saved,Through Jesus I will be saved,Through Jesus I will be saved,Through Jesus I will be saved," Talk about a comfort zone. I assume you don't see it that way though eh:rolleyes:

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm surprised you haven't taken a break sooner. I still haven't recovered from the nausea of the same three threads x100. I just don't have the stamina that you and some others have to beat these threads into the ground.

I'm actually afraid to even start a thought provoking thread in the religious discussion section as it would likely turn into another of the same tired old tug of war.

I've noticed many of the former iron man posters are running out of gas, and as for the Catholics (Firebird, Ted, Solidus...) I'm pretty sure that you and a few others had a lot to do with why I haven't heard a peep from them in ages.

Luckily for us all there are many other sections, like the preparedness section :thumb:.
I may have to return sooner than I had anticipated. My new teachers seem to have disappeared all of a sudden. I so wanted to take lesson one :(. I'll give it a few more days.

As for having a real discussion, you know that I am willing and able to have a regular discussion. I am also willing and able to play the tit-for-tat game which is 99% of what you find here. For me? It's entertainment. That simple. I realize that most of the non-Christians here are hardened, long term forum jumpers. Their minds are set and their hearts are encrusted. I harbor no allusions that I will somehow convert a single soul. Therefore, I don't enter these threads with that goal in mind.

You've always been a levelheaded sort of bloke and I've generally enjoyed your posts even if we didn't necessarily agree. I don't care if there's disagreement. What bothers me is being nitpicked at in the open forum by those claiming to share my faith. If a so-called brother or sister has a personal issue with me, the PM function is a click away. I fully expect to be nitpicked at by non-Christians.

So, like I said, I shall see if Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia will show up with full armor glistening all prepared to battle the forces of evil in a single bound. I shall kick back with a bag of fresh popcorn and enjoy the show.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'll be taking a break from the Non-Religious Discussion threads for a time. I've been recently scolded by a couple of members for being too harsh on many of you. Gosh...I feel so guilty for possibly harming you psychologically. As a result, I've decided to sit back and learn from those who clearly know better than I how to win you to Christ. I will be dropping in regularly just so that I can learn how better to be a soul winner. It will be a learning experience and fun besides.

Don't be too tough on them guys (and gals).

There hasn't been a single day for several months that I hadn't come in and given some of you a run for your money. I truly enjoy the mental excitement found here. Many of you have forced me to think and, hopefully, I've given some of you cause to consider your stance on various issues.

Hope my critics can keep up with the pace. We shall see.
(I promised I wouldn't Post here but) I'm sad to see you taking a break you tend to represent very well the religion from my point of view. You don't play the nicey nice game and tell people what they wish to here about it you use whats in the bible to prove your points. Until I decided not to post on religion anymore enjoyed your point of view on many things and still do. I think you should ignore their advice and continue to provide a true insight in to the religion for those sitting on the fence. After all a it's better to bring one soul to God then bring a bunch of people who will never in fact make it to heaven. The rules are there to be followed. You keep it real :thumb: both in the religious ones and the none ones As far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
That simple. I realize that most of the non-Christians here are hardened, long term forum jumpers. Their minds are set and their hearts are encrusted.
:eek: AND YOURS IS NOT!!!

My mind is not set. That is why I am here. To learn and grow.

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
for you to react like that says something kodie.. he didnt say your mind was set.. he wasnt referring to you at all..
Ummmm, He was referring to "non-christians"

he say's it right here....
I realize that most of the non-Christians here are hardened, long term forum jumpers. Their minds are set and their hearts are encrusted. I harbor no allusions that I will somehow convert a single soul.
DING DING DING.... Non-Christian here Greg!!
Sooo ya, he was referring to me. So I responded.

for you to react like that says something kodie
Yes, it says you have a hard time following the thread and that I am calling out hypocrisy. Him saying non-christian's "minds are set" . When his mind is most definitely set in his belief.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It appears that those who so vehemently opposed my methods, opinions, delivery, attitude, and doctrinal conlusions vanished almost entirely the moment that I handed them the floor and gave them the opportunity to show me how it's done. The empty void is almost deafening.

kodie1;266868]Ummmm, He was referring to "non-christians"
he say's it right here....
Re-read the post...I said "most." If you don't fall into that category then I wasn't talking about you.

DING DING DING.... Non-Christian here Greg!!
Sooo ya, he was referring to me. So I responded.
Actually, I was referring to those who generally respond intelligently. You're safe.

Yes, it says you have a hard time following the thread and that I am calling out hypocrisy. Him saying non-christian's "minds are set" . When his mind is most definitely set in his belief.
If everyone's mind were one, we would be BORG. I've actually learned a number of things from some of the non-Christians here. Straight Razor, LaserCool, Cryptophylaxis, and maybe one other have often posted some really thought provoking posts. Hopefully, you will join their ranks one of these days. Don't fret...maturity takes time and practice.

Reactions: offroadgreg

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
If everyone's mind were one, we would be BORG
The issue was, everyones mind being set, as in, not changing. not everyones mind being one. Two very different things. Do you have a reason for redirecting the topic?

So I still think it is crap for someone is to set in their way of thinking...you and your believe... to put down those who do not feel the same way by calling them set in their ways. That's all I was saying and I still feel that way.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
kodie1;268216]The issue was, everyones mind being set, as in, not changing. not everyones mind being one. Two very different things.
Duly noted.

Do you have a reason for redirecting the topic?
The topic is "Sabbatical." Who redirected the topic?

So I still think it is crap for someone is to set in their way of thinking...you and your believe... to put down those who do not feel the same way by calling them set in their ways. That's all I was saying and I still feel that way.
I'm sure that neither LaserCool nor Straight Razor think it's "crap" to be set in their ways. They think it's "crap" that I would even hint that they should change their ways in any way, shape, or manner.

Is it "crap" to be set in your ways? I suppose that it may be in certain circumstances. Would you consider a farmer getting up every morning at 4:00 AM and starting his day by milking the cows, crap? I mean...he's set in his ways but his daily routine is not crap. Now, if someone found it needful to hinder another person's spiritual life by constantly bombarding him or her with negativity and it became the first person's habit to do so, I would consider that "crap."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts