Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
tinfoil bandana
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much settled on this:

A bit more money than I have right now (no Christmas bonus at work this year:() but I should be able to get one in a couple weeks.

Fits nicely in a jacket pocket without printing, and accepts +P ammo.

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
Very nice pistol... Had a 640 (same style, but heavy stainless steel) for a couple years. Traded it (along with other handguns) in for an HBAR and a Ruger 10/22 a few years ago. I've regretted that trade ever since.

Congrats...

Allan

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
I have the scandium model J frame and a SS model 66. My 2 favorite, never to sell guns. My J frame has a hammer which I use. Try both if you can. I also had a SS model J fram "centennial" 640 which I sold. The lightweights are far superior for carry. Just put it in your pocket in a pocket holster. I do not find the hammer to be an issue on concealment.

·
I feel good.... . . .
494 Posts
I carry this gun frequently and love it. Here is something I posted to another thread about places to carry.

I carry mostly on the hip depending on what my flavor is for the day, but when I want to be real low-pro and still pack a punch and I'm not overly concerned with draw speed I carry S&W .38 snub internal hammer in a Galco Cop-Model ankle holster (Velcro, spandex type material and nylon). I am right handed and use the one for the right ankle only I turn it so the gun is on the inside of my leg (the butt faces forwards). This is HIGHLY concealed and very comfortable and only takes a second to drop down and draw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts