Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Destroyer of Karen
11,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good deal? Only prices I can find online are $850+ but gunbroker and other sites aren't always a good gauge on value.

This is a f2f cash deal with a co-worker.

·
New and yet, old
2,795 Posts
Watch SlickGuns:

http://www.slickguns.com/category/rifles

It's a reader generated summary of the best deals on the web everyday.

You might want to look at getting a Colt 6929 for about that same price:

http://www.slickguns.com/product/colt-le6920mp-b-ar-15-carbine-magpul-furniture-sa-223556-161-301-blk-84900

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Smith but the Colt 6920 matches all areas of the military contract specification and the Smith doesn't.

not to mention it is probably the last chance ever to get one

·
Destroyer of Karen
11,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Watch SlickGuns:

http://www.slickguns.com/category/rifles

It's a reader generated summary of the best deals on the web everyday.

You might want to look at getting a Colt 6929 for about that same price:

http://www.slickguns.com/product/colt-le6920mp-b-ar-15-carbine-magpul-furniture-sa-223556-161-301-blk-84900

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Smith but the Colt 6920 matches all areas of the military contract specification and the Smith doesn't.

not to mention it is probably the last chance ever to get one
Thx for the heads up, this will be my 2nd AR and I am building a 3rd. This is just a coworker who is wanting to get rid of it for what I think is a darn good price and I was seeing if I was correct. I'll keep an eye on slickguns :)

·
New and yet, old
2,795 Posts
Thx for the heads up, this will be my 2nd AR and I am building a 3rd. This is just a coworker who is wanting to get rid of it for what I think is a darn good price and I was seeing if I was correct. I'll keep an eye on slickguns :)
Whenever I am pulled in two different directions, I always try to do both! Remember, 1 is none, 2 is 1, 3 is 2.........

I am available to solve these and many other similar dilemmas. Because of my extensive training and experience, I do charge for love advice though

·
Registered
344 Posts
That's a good deal. BUY, BUY, BUY!

As someone already said, 2 is 1 and 1 is none. Since you mentioned this is for your GF, that's even better (another person with a rifle aka backup)

·
New and yet, old
2,795 Posts
I have two M&P15 MOE Carbines and they have proven to be best AR's I have ever owned....
How many and who made all the other carbines you have ever owned? How do they compare to the ones you were issued and fired in combat while in the service?

I didn't say anything was wrong with S&W carbines because there isn't. I just stated that Colt carbines/rifles stick to the military contract specification and S&W carbines do not.

·
Banned
985 Posts
How many and who made all the other carbines you have ever owned? How do they compare to the ones you were issued and fired in combat while in the service?

I didn't say anything was wrong with S&W carbines because there isn't. I just stated that Colt carbines/rifles stick to the military contract specification and S&W carbines do not.
I have shot M16/AR15's since 1979.....bought/traded/sold/owned more different kinds than I could remember, Colt, PSA, S&W, Blackheart, Bushmaster, DPMS, ones that come to mind....Colt makes a good rifle I owned several at different times and have no issues with Colt AR's....Mil-Spec is not always better, just a specific set of standards....many other AR's are built with better materials and parts. I have a custom Blackheart AR that is years ahead of a Colt, everything on it far exceeds Mil-Spec....as Preppers/Survivalists building from 80% lowers is the only way to go, I have three AR's I have built from them and they all run fine....no ppwk, registration or S/N's.....everybody should be building them....

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
I have two M&P15 MOE Carbines and they have proven to be best AR's I have ever owned....
I agree. There ain't nothing wrong with the S&W AR's, even their "Sport" versions are very capable, good quality weapons. But, as recommended above, I would probably still lean towards a Colt, especially for rougly equal money. But an advantage of the S&W is that they aren't on the verge of bankruptcy like Colt supposedly is, and their customer service is already widely considered to be better than Colt's.
I would imagine this CS disparity would only increase once Colt goes under,LOL!! :D:

(by the way, if AIM is still selling the Spikes Tactical mid-lengths for $799 delivered, that's something to seriously consider,too.)

·
Destroyer of Karen
11,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am not really looking to buy a Colt or Spikes or anything else other than this one particular M&P. I am just looking for verification that this price is a decent one.

·
Registered
641 Posts
In my area, that is an average price for that kind of AR. I belong to 4 local firearm sale groups, and I currently see ARs listed from $600 to $2000+.

For my money, I would offer $700. The worst he can say is no. If he does, then I'd pay the $740

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Just found an M&P 15 Sport in the next town over from me. The ad states "asking $750"
The Sport's are great little rifles, but that price is ridiculous. We've had them posted here a few times, at under $600, brand new.
(LOL, after posting this,I clicked the AIM link, and saw that you knew this already. )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts