Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smith & Wesson has put out this M&P 45 acp pistol. 10 rounds of 45 acp looks pretty good. Has anyone seen it or had the chance to fire off a few rounds?

There is a write up in this months issue of guns and ammo. But the article only created more questions then it answered.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Video of a S&W M&P 9mm

·
Old-School Survivalisy
4 Posts
"They had a S&W MP on Guns & Ammo TV in a torture test and it failed miserably."

I don't know what test you saw, but I saw them test an M&P on G&A TV, where they tossed one into a cement mixer with rocks, sand and gravel. After mounting it in a Ransom rest, it went through every round (save the first one, where the slide didn't quite go back into battery). This, to me, showed remarkable resilience. I would say it passed.

·
Old-School Survivalisy
4 Posts
I acquired an M&P45 earlier this year, and I have to say I'm hooked! Fresh out of thebox, it performed remarkably well, shooting groups at 25 yards comparable to my G.I. National Match 1911, and flawlessly digested a variety of loads and bullet configs. It now resides on my hip -- or in my glove compartment -- with a Fobus paddle holster during the day, and with an Insight M6 light/laser combo on my nightstand at bedtime. I also bought a Blackhawk! Omega VI universal holster for it (tac-black) for open field use.

·
11B20 - Status Inactive
5,036 Posts
I think S&W is one of the finest producers of pistol, millions of LEO's can't be wrong ;)

I used to share an apt. with a cop and was/still am good friends with him and his fellow policemen and I have never heard a bad thing about any pistol S&W ever put out.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Despite some early extractor teething problems with the 9mm's, the M&P's are showing to be fair weapons.

There have been some issues with the 9mm version that are as of this time, unexplained fully. The LASO approved and then disapproved for several reasons.

Personally I still don't have a reason to purchase another plastic handgun, they don't last long enough for my tastes, a 20 year lifespan is too short.

·
Roll Tide y'all !
222 Posts
Old thread.

Well, I have owned 7 models of Glocks. They served me well....very well. I wanted to try something like it but with a better grip for my taste.

The answer was M&P 45. I like it. The only bad thing is the magazine capacity is only 10 rounds while a comparable size 45 in another brand holds more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts