Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Others may disagree, but shy of a super tricked out competition rifle, I cannot think of any .22 that is worth 650 bucks.

Maybe it just me though.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can see where you are coming from on that aspect. I enjoy 22 pistols, and have several in a collection. Just wanted to add this one the collection and from all the searching I have done around here, they go for a good price on the market. I don't know if it is worth that or not, thus being the reason for checking. Everything I have read leans towards it being so, but wanted other's opinions. Most of the prices I have seen have been from $800 to $1200 dollars on the price depending on the mods. I also might add this is a 41 from the 60's era in pristine condition and original box, cleaning kit and extra grips.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
I don't have one, and would not buy one that price.
(Rugers, and Browning Buckmarks are around MUCH cheaper)

That said, I used one when I was on the pistol team in Collage....)

GREAT guns...

·
high on truck stop coffee
17,690 Posts
GET it

just my opinion,I also have several target .22s in my collection from High Standards to Browning(belgian made)Metalists.I have shot a friends S&W 41 & I liked it.I shot a ragged one-holer off the bags at 25 yds. with CCI standard vel ammo.The model 41 trigger broke as cleanly as any of my HSs.They also come with a 5.5 inch bull barrel.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a S&W 41 and Ruger MK II and MK IIIs. The 41 has better ergonomics, a better trigger, just a better gun. Easily worth $650. That said, I prefer stainless guns, and shoot my stainless Rugers a lot more than the 41. I just feel the blued finish is more delicate than the stainless.

While I have .22 autos, I actually prefer revolvers. I shoot my S&W 617s and 63 more than the autos.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I purchased the gun for $625 but it won't be shot much. Have them in a case for viewing purposes is all. Thanks for everyone's input in the issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The M41 is the best .22 semi-auto on the market. Well worth $650. Same grip angle as a 1911. I have a M41 that I train with on many drills to replicate the 1911. Lots cheaper to shoot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts