Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Banned
Joined
·
6,666 Posts
I must be going crazy; I could swear I already replied to your thread...

Anyway, rust is not toxic and will not cause you any harm if ingested. It is just oxidized iron molecules.

Botulism is a toxin produced by the bacteria Clostridium Botulinum and it doesn't have anything in common with rust. In canned food, botulism is a result of improperly canned food.

Like others have said, unless you're starving and have no choice, chuck it. Why take a risk for a dollar?
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top