Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
gardener & news junkie
3,782 Posts
Greetings to all!
This weekend nature has presented wonderful weather - a real golden autumn!
View attachment 386921

I got ready to connect the electricity. Now I will wait for the connection about the power company.

View attachment 386922

Gradually doing electrical wiring in my house. I put switches and sockets
Absolutely beautiful!. We only have a few trees showing a little color, mainly dogwoods and Bradford pears. The wild muscadine grape vines are losing leaves, a sure sign fall is sneaking in.

·
Jackpine Savage
5,734 Posts
Greetings to all!
This weekend nature has presented wonderful weather - a real golden autumn!
View attachment 386921

I got ready to connect the electricity. Now I will wait for the connection about the power company.

View attachment 386922

Gradually doing electrical wiring in my house. I put switches and sockets
Nice area. Swap out most of the birch for maple and that could have been taken in my area.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
That is a beautiful country there! And it's good that you're able to do your own electrical wiring. That is a wonderful skill to have! You're going to have a very nice place, built with your own hands. Wow! I still say keep nasty mushrooms though 😂

·
Storyteller
3,769 Posts
As I recall, this idea didn't justify itself. :)
View attachment 398170

But seriously. Houses made of adobe bricks are being built in the south of Russia. In my climate, houses like this collapse quickly.
View attachment 398171
Thanks for the photos.

Adobe is a big deal back in my old home-place - SoAz. As you noted, climate plays a large part on longevity.

Roof overhangs, a rock/concrete foundation and the kind of paint/stucco covering make a big difference in the outcome.

best of luck on your grow space for the coming Spring season.

121 - 140 of 140 Posts