Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Let the Debate begin
6,374 Posts
Putin has been in charge for some time. This just means he may
stop pretending he is elected, and that there are elected members
of Government that make important decisions.

In my opinion, the Russian people have had a lousy government
their whole lives and don't have much hope to have better. Putin
in one of the richest men in the world with most of his money
outside Russia.

Any Russian who dares to suggest that Putin steps down is not
safe anywhere on earth. But at least Putin does not force them
to worship anyone other than Putin. So Russians have it better
than Iranians.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
If I remember correctly, it was worded like in the future presided could serve only two terms but it would be the president who appoints the prime minister.

Basically Putin will put his pet on the president's seat who will then appoint Putin as prime minister.

If this keeps Putin in charge of Russia, people of Belarus can breathe a little bit easier...

·
the "d" from ban[d]
15,107 Posts
This does not surprise me. The problem I see for Russia is when Putin does go they will not know how to change leadership. Even the USSR knew how to change leaders. Russia is going to have big problems with Muslim countries and China. Energy and gold are the only two things keeping Russia going now economically.

I had hopes for Russian evolvement. I think this will be a bad thing in the long run but not like many might think.

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,447 Posts
When the Soviet Union broke up, lots of pundits through Russia would become the new economic powerhouse. I know companies that planned to set up operations there, but when they found out that Russia is run by 6 or 7 mafia-like organizations, they backed off. One guy told me the company official he was negotiating with came into the meeting wearing what looked like two ivory gripped 1911s in a shoulder holster rig.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Xi just made himself "Premier for life"...

...and people are surprised at Putin's actions?

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Putin views himself as the new Stalin and wants to return Russia to its Soviet-era glory.
To do that he must exert firm control over the oligarchs and become the capo di tuto capi

A pipe dream... Trump will give them just enough encouragement to destroy themselves from within if our own Democrat-Communist infiltrators don't do it to us first.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
I'm of the opinion that Russia should concern itself with Russia while America concerns itself with America. Russia is a dictatorship while America is an Oligarchy (just another form of dictatorship). Trump is an anomaly. As soon as his probable second term is up ... it will be "business as usual."

Think Americans are free? See what happens when you don't pay your "property" tax. See what happens if you don't bake a cake for a queer. See what happens if you buy a 30rd mag in some States. See what happens if you're caught with a bump stock. Day after day, we're becoming less "free." I wonder if Americans will be less free than Russians in 10 years.

·
Ultranationalist
12,878 Posts
I'm of the opinion that Russia should concern itself with Russia while America concerns itself with America. Russia is a dictatorship while America is an Oligarchy (just another form of dictatorship). Trump is an anomaly. As soon as his probable second term is up ... it will be "business as usual."

Think Americans are free? See what happens when you don't pay your "property" tax. See what happens if you don't bake a cake for a queer. See what happens in you buy a 30rd mag in some States. See what happens if you're caught with a bump stock. Day after day, we're becoming less "free." I wonder if Americans will be less free than Russians in 10 years.
Most “conservatives” will tell you “no one needs a bumpstock anyway” and then they’ll spew some BS about “render unto Caesar”.

Everyone is American LOOOOOVES paying taxes, but only if their guy is in charge.

·
Wile E Coyote, Genius.
33,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, functionally it is meaningless news. Putin was the dictator already.

It was just rather jaw dropping that their pretend government spokesperson calmly said that they were all quitting. Like he was ordering a salad.

Thinking of our legislative branch. I got to thinking. We already have more laws than needed. They could seriously shut congress down and just show up a week a year to tweak stuff, then go back home and be irrelevant for the rest of the year.

·
Let the Debate begin
6,374 Posts

Think Americans are free? See what happens when you don't pay your "property" tax. See what happens if you don't bake a cake for a queer. See what happens in you buy a 30rd mag in some States. See what happens if you're caught with a bump stock. Day after day, we're becoming less "free." I wonder if Americans will be less free than Russians in 10 years.
Less free? It all depends on how you look at it.

50 years ago I could walk around the block but couldn't buy a beer.

50 years ago there were not as many concealed carry holders as there
is today.

50 years ago I could not own a Smartphone that had the power of the
internet.

50 years ago a Black man could not get a hotel room at any vacant hotel
in America.

I can go on and on. But if you think America is so lousy why not move? :D:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts